HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

nunigaia

Excuse me dear i dont have any idea about what you said concerning multiboot what i used each time with a new image i flash the receiver via usb old trick without entering in the aerea of multiboot

Simple, just read carefully this --> GUIDE and apply it! ;)

best regards
nunigaia

sabrintos

Vu+ Newbie
Simple, just read carefully this --> GUIDE and apply it! ;)

best regards
nunigaia
wooow its an interesting idea, and it looks hard and so complicated, it needs realy a courses or watching a video to learn from an expert teachnician, for me i read all that carefully , it looks for me hard to do it for my self , i hope if u get any video about that plz share with me thanks for u hard work.

AlexWilMac

Sorry, sabrintos, there is something not clear: if you are not familiar with the multiboot process and the installing of images by OpenMultiboot, why did you post that "guide". I thought you knew about the process. Anyway, just to say, because it's clear, now, that the GUIDE repeatedly posted in this thread is the ONLY valid ;)
Enjoy the multiboot: it's really comfortable to have the chance of testing many image without having to reflash your box. It's also useful to keep different versions of the same image in case one more recent introduced a bug ;)

sabrintos

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry, sabrintos, there is something not clear: if you are not familiar with the multiboot process and the installing of images by OpenMultiboot, why did you post that "guide". I thought you knew about the process. Anyway, just to say, because it's clear, now, that the GUIDE repeatedly posted in this thread is the ONLY valid ;)
Enjoy the multiboot: it's really comfortable to have the chance of testing many image without having to reflash your box. It's also useful to keep different versions of the same image in case one more recent introduced a bug ;)
Tell me if my letter caused you the inconvenience, I sent you because you asked for this, and if it was not useful, I did not impose it on you until you get upset with me,

AlexWilMac

Don't worry, sabrintos! It was not a criticism :) And, in case, it might have caused confusion not to me but to the user Mirkopoto, as of post #369. No problem at all for me: just a curiosity.

Mirkopoto

Vu+ Newbie
No confusion, thanks all for replies to my questions. The most important info i got out of it is that the tutorial is still valid with the latest BH and 4kZero.

ArtursPlits

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there everyone.
Need help on maybew simple issue but I am struggling with it.
Here is ok with flashing images. When I flash tuner it works perfect, but..........
as soon as everytime I make a Shutdown my VU+ Zero or when after initializing my HDD tuner needs to reboot, it stucks on splash screen, showing booting and nothing happens... So I need to flash an image again. Why does it happenning and what is the solution? How can I get through or pass this splash booting screen? I am tired of flashing tuner over and over.

Mick12334

What happens if you press the menu button, on your remote?
How have you configured your tuner?
Which image are you using?
Have you added any plugins?
What is your satellite setup, regarding dishes/LNB's?

ArtursPlits

Vu+ Newbie
I was using BH 3.03. Problems with rebooting started when I upgraded my BH image to 3.07. And now I rolled back to BH 3.03 and the booting problem stayed. When booting screen appears I see that when I press buttons on my remote control, tuner reacts but nothing happens and I cant get into image. So pressing menu button is no deal. During this screen, I cant connect to my tunet via ftp as well. Image was configured so i was able to see channels and everything works. I configured 4 satellittes 4.8, 13, 19, 36. As I told, everything is working perfect but as soon as I choose to shutdown my tuner or I make some action what requires rebooting, or I just make a reboot, thats it, I am stuck on bootlogo page and nothing happens mo matter what buttons i am pressing om my remote. So yesterday I flashed again with BH 3.03 and left tuner on standby so i am sure it will work. But this is not a solution, because without hdd mounting i dont need such a tuner. By the way, when i just got my VU, everything worked and there were no problems with booting. As I told, problems started when I decided to upgrade to newer BH vesion. What has been gone wrong???

Mick12334

This sounds more like a hardware problem, than a software problem, unless you're loading old settings, that you have backed up.
The only way to test this is by doing a re-flash, and not loading anything else, including any backups. Instead you re-configure your tuner, to simple, Diseqc, A, B, C, D, assign your satellites, to the correct port, then do a scan, to load channels, and test to see if it's working properly.
If this fails try by-passing your Diseqc switch, by using a cable, directly from one LNB, to your receiver, re-configuring your tuner, then scanning ion some channels, and see if this works.
If this also fails then you need to try your receiver on a different satellite dish, a friends, or relatives, and see if it works correctly there.

ArtursPlits

Vu+ Newbie
No old settings. By the way - When I was using the fully runnings initial BH version 3.03, I made full backup and tried to flash tuner through it but unsuccesfull (booting bootlog appears and no further process, but with the new flash software everything is ok, software is loading untill I need to do a rebooting). Maybe there are some old system files in the tuner left what causes the booting problems?
Is there some kind of possibility to skip this booting process or picture while I am able to connect to my tuner? Maybe through FTP connection I can do some tweaking into files or directories in tuner or this bootlog is a necessary process? because the problem persists in the booting process and something or some initial service for tuner starting is not launching?

Last edited:

Mick12334

Try disconnecting everything, including your hard drive, and co-ax connections, then see if it boots normally, and you can access the menu, and connect using Filezilla.

ArtursPlits

Vu+ Newbie
Hard drive is already disconnected all the time. Everything works fine and connections via ftp is great, but I am pissed of the fact that I cant shutdown my tuner or when I will be needed to reboot it, it will again go stuck into neverending booting at bootlogo. Maybe the problem is in some file directories in tuner? Where can I go to see if everything works? Yesterday I notied that under usr/share there are three files Bootlogo.mvi, Bootlogo_wait.mvi, Backdrop.mvi. Maybe smth with these files?

Mick12334

When you re-flash your receiver you are overwriting all the old files, unless you select the option to use old backup files, so this shouldn't be a problem.
Are you putting your receiver into standby mode, by pressing the power button, using the full shut down mode, or disconnecting it from the power supply?

ArtursPlits

Vu+ Newbie
Right now I am putting my receiver into Standby Mode by pressing power button on Remote. If I will use Shut Down Mode, I would not be able to boot my receiver because it will be hanging on bootlogo page. I tried also disconnecting tuner from the power - doesn't help. Standby mode is only solution for me ((

AlexWilMac

Actually, you haven't answered to the most important question that Mick12334 asked: have you just and only reflashed, WITHOUT using a backup or a personal backup?
Only if you have a perfectly "clean" image you can know if there is something wrong with your hardware or if it's a software problem.
You could, also, try another image, like OpenBlackHole, available in our forum, too. This is just to exclude or not HW issues.

ArtursPlits

Vu+ Newbie
After I decided to upgrade image, I flashed with Clean BH 3.07 which I downloaded from cupluc homepage without personal Backup and right after that, when I tried to mount HDD, receiver asked for rebooting and Whoalaa it happened. Then I thought, maybe I'll flash with my Full personal Backup, but that did not help. OK I will try to flash with OpnePLI 6.2 and OpenBlackHole and will report on the results.

ArtursPlits

Vu+ Newbie
Want to admit - when I bought VU+ Zero with BH 3.03 in it - I was able to do everything form booting to HDD mounting and no problems, So all this started after I decided to upgrade, but before that I made a Full image backup.