HowTo set Filezilla for OsX

AlexWilMac

First of all, what I'm going to say it's not just for BH but also for OBH but I cannot post under the Vu+ General HowTo & Guides.
So, if any admins think it is useful for it to be there, maybe they'll move it in that section.

After some troubles in many occasions only with Filezilla for Mac and not with Filezilla for Windows transferring scripts or executable files, I found out something that might be useful to every Mac users.
To avoid problems I had to change an option in the menu TRANSFER, item Transfer Type: it is set as AUTO by default either in OsX or in Windows version but, under OsX, it must be set to BINARY.
This seems the only way some executables or scripts won't be altered and will work after the transfer.

nunigaia

First of all, what I'm going to say it's not just for BH but also for OBH but I cannot post under the Vu+ General HowTo & Guides.
So, if any admins think it is useful for it to be there, maybe they'll move it in that section.

After some troubles in many occasions only with Filezilla for Mac and not with Filezilla for Windows transferring scripts or executable files, I found out something that might be useful to every Mac users.
To avoid problems I had to change an option in the menu TRANSFER, item Transfer Type: it is set as AUTO by default either in OsX or in Windows version but, under OsX, it must be set to BINARY.
This seems the only way some executables or scripts won't be altered and will work after the transfer.

No problem @Alexwilmac, if you have a spare time, and you can make an HowTo Guide regarding the subject, i will move it to HowTo section guides.

thanks in advance
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Actually I thought the suggestion was already in my post ;) That is:
To Filezilla for OsX users it is recommended to change the transfer method as follows:
1) go to menu TRANSFER
2) in the TRANSFER TYPE submenu choose BINARY instead of Auto

This is to prevent Filezilla alter the executable and script files.

Attachments

• Filezilla-OsX-1.png
    Filezilla-OsX-1.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Filezilla-OsX-2.png
    Filezilla-OsX-2.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 20