Issues upgrading to 3.1

diverman

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, let me share my experience upgrading Blackhole 3.0.9 N to 3.1 on VU Duo 4k.

First, I created personal backup.
Then run the upgrade.
On the first boot, I answered Yes - restore the personal backup.
After the reboot, it fall into reboot loop, displaying the message:
error.jpg

At this point, you're lost, you can't do anything, except flash the image again.
So I did, but sagaciously skipped the restore from personal backup. The device booted successfully, wow!

Then I installed add-on LCD4Linux and restored personal backup. My expectation was the device shall be in the same state as before the upgrade, but what false expectation it was.

LCD display was the blackhole's default, not customized with colors and picons as before, but that's a small thing compared to this:

All DVB-T2 channels in EPG showed "n/a" and a message poped up: Service unavailable. Check tuner configuration.
So I went to tuner configuration, wtf shell I check here?? All was looking normally.

Then tried auto scan, it luckily has worked - all channel were found (some of them even 3 times - need to clean it up some rainy day). Still not all settings are restored to the original state, but that can be fixed too.

Lessons learned: avoid LCD4Linux, try to stick with defaults as much as possible, do not restore from backup during the upgrade. Pray that your channels will work.

AlexWilMac

Personal backups has almost never been useful to me, particularly under BH. So I almost always start from scratch.
The only real successful experience of restoring a personal backup was with sometimes with OBH, particularly the last time with the change from 4.3 to 4.4 ;)