Just Curious - various recorded file Extensions

human 19

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I kept the .ts files from my recordings on the hard disk but deleted all the others (.eit, .ap, .cuts, .meta etc.) I am still able to play the recordings as normal.

I also copied the .ts files alone to computer and was able to play them with VLC player.

What is the purpose of all the other files , as they dont seem to be required?

Mito

Administrator
Hi,
I kept the .ts files from my recordings on the hard disk but deleted all the others (.eit, .ap, .cuts, .meta etc.) I am still able to play the recordings as normal.

I also copied the .ts files alone to computer and was able to play them with VLC player.

What is the purpose of all the other files , as they dont seem to be required?
Chanel info, event info, ecc.

Tamaki

Administrator
I don't know which extension, but one files also keep a book mark of the file, so that i you stop watching a movie you can restart viewing from that point.
I think this a usefull file to keep.
Bye
Fabio

human 19

Vu+ Newbie
looking at my harddisk after deleting the files and watching a copule of files since, it seem that a new file *************.cuts is again created after watching a file which keeps the bookmark mentioned and allows you to jump to the previous position

Tamaki

Administrator
looking at my harddisk after deleting the files and watching a copule of files since, it seem that a new file *************.cuts is again created after watching a file which keeps the bookmark mentioned and allows you to jump to the previous position
Well, now we know want file it is.
If you look inside with an editor you can see what it does. ;)