Kodi not launching on Blackhole 3.0.2.F

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
On my Vu+ Duo2 with Blackhole 3.0.2.F, Kodi will not launch. Using the green panel and the launcher, I get a blank screen and my box has a hang-up and has to be restarted. I have read all the relevant posts on this problem and not found a solution. (My HDD is mapped; I have deleted the XBMC folder (there was no KODI folder) in /media/hdd as was sugested by nunigaia, post "http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/kodi-dont-work.28279/" This did not change anything. ; There was no reply to a similar post back in May 2016 "http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/kodi-launcher-will-not-start.28894/")
I would like to re-flash the image, but then I have to re-do all my customising etc again which is a lot of work! and there is no guarantee all will be well afterwards. The Personal Backup does not work on my box.
This is the message I get: Any comment on this?
upload_2016-9-3_16-7-6.png

Via Filezilla I can see a lot of KODI entries existing on my box (see attachment)

Any one have any comments on what I can do to solve my Kodi problem?

Attachments

• Kodi directory.pdf
    80.9 KB · Views: 63

nunigaia

On my Vu+ Duo2 with Blackhole 3.0.2.F, Kodi will not launch. Using the green panel and the launcher, I get a blank screen and my box has a hang-up and has to be restarted. I have read all the relevant posts on this problem and not found a solution. (My HDD is mapped; I have deleted the XBMC folder (there was no KODI folder) in /media/hdd as was sugested by nunigaia, post "http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/kodi-dont-work.28279/" This did not change anything. ; There was no reply to a similar post back in May 2016 "http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/kodi-launcher-will-not-start.28894/")
I would like to re-flash the image, but then I have to re-do all my customising etc again which is a lot of work! and there is no guarantee all will be well afterwards. The Personal Backup does not work on my box.
This is the message I get: Any comment on this?
View attachment 27824

Via Filezilla I can see a lot of KODI entries existing on my box (see attachment)

Any one have any comments on what I can do to solve my Kodi problem?

You can try this:

Very strange, but:

1. Verify if you have no updates to release.
  2. If you have not found any updates:
  • Apply to the FTP tool you use to show hidden files
  • Navigate with FTP to /media/hdd folder
  • Delete the folder /.kodi in /media/hdd location
  • Reboot your STB.
  • After rebooting your STB, go to plugins, and apply KODI LAUNCHER

If this don't bring your Kodi back to life, make a full reflash, but previously make a backup of your settings, by using the BlacKHole Backup tool.

best regards
nunigaia

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Tried your suggestion and deleted the .kodi folder and rebooted. Checked to see that all references to Kodi had gone
from my Duo2- all were gone.

Did a Kodi Launch and got a blank screen on my TV.

But using OpenWebif I can watch a normal TV program on my PC (using VLC) while on my TV I have a blank screen.

Does that make sense? A blank screen on my TV but I can watch a program on my PC at the same time?

Looks like I will have to re-flash the image and try again.

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
UPDATE
I downloaded the BH 3.0.2F image again and flashed it. Then:
. restored my channel lists
. installed Multiquickbutton
. installed enhaced Movie center
. Backed up this skeleton system
I then used the KODI LAUNCHER and got exactly as before, a blank screen!

Either KODI just does not work on my system or something else is stopping it from doing so.
My TV is connected via SCART, could that be a problem, as I can still see a program via OpenWebif
when I cannot see the same on my TV after launching KODI?

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
UPDATE
Thank you Jovie, you are right. I connected my Duo2 via HDMI to my TV, started hdmi CEC etc., configured my TV to recognise hdmi input, switched my SOURCE on the TV to hdmi and launched KODI. After about 1 minute, KODI came up an worked normally.

By the way, the vu+ duo2 gives output on both SCART and HDMI simultaneously. I can now switch my SOURCE on the TV from SCART to HDMI without any problems.
This proves that KODI will only work via HDMI ports.