L4L doesn't switch on under OBH 4.3 for Duo2

AlexWilMac

These days I reflashed by OBH 4.3 either my Solo4K or my dad's Duo2.
Then I reinstalled L4L and, thanks, to my saved L4L settings, I got my configuration back in seconds, at least under Solo4K.
Everything was simple as the dozens of times I've reinstalled my images in the past.

But today I'm struggling with the Duo2. At first, as the first menu in plugins, the generic one named
OBH Addons Plugin
couldn't connect, I used the specific OBH, the one curiously named
BlackHole Feeds Plugin
where I hadn't noticed it has got an old 4.3 version, not the last one.

As I couldn't get it working (although in OWIF and in the GUI everything is perfect, the plugin is enabled and is active in the 3 Global options) I uninstalled it and I reinstalled either by an IPK file for mips I downloaded and finally by the GUI feeds, meanwhile working again,
Again, no success at making it working.
Never happened before.

If you check by the GUI or the OWIF it seems everything in order, but the LCD display shows the Vu Duo2 standard screen.

I also tried the command
opkg install --force-reinstall enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux
but it produced an error. And now I don't even have the VFD display!

Attachments

• L4L-OBH-4.3.jpg
    L4L-OBH-4.3.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Schermata 2019-09-01 alle 17.57.06.png
    Schermata 2019-09-01 alle 17.57.06.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 24

AlexWilMac

I bought the Duo2 in 2013; I've been using it for 3 years and then I passed it to my parents. So, in 6 years I think I've been installing images dozen of times and always being able to configure L4L to use its two displays (yes, maybe you'll be surprised, but I know it has got two displays, the VFD one and the LCD one.) So, I frankly don't understand your post.
I think I know my Duo2, although I use it only at my parents', now.
If you like, I can show you a picture of it working with a perfect configuration for the previous OBH version, the one that was installed until this morning, next time I'll go at my parents ;)

AlexWilMac

Thanks to @joergm6, I solved as I wrote in this other post in the German forum:
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/lcd4linux-duo2.39553/#post-262594

The problem was the lack of the specific Duo2 LCD item under the Global/Other section.

But it would be useful to know if my theory that the L4L you can download from the "OpenBlackHole online update" section, is not the right one for Duo2.
Unfortunately, I could not connect to the first section, "Addons Dowload Manager" to verify.

Attachments

• OBH-Addons-menu.jpg
    OBH-Addons-menu.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 15