LCD4Linux from BH Addons - Green screen Crash loop

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Hey Guys,

Just in case you know something about it : i installed LCD4Linux for the ultimo 4K from the Addons menu and after enigma restart, it keep crashing and crashing.

I telnet the box and looked everywhere to find a trace in the /usr/lib/enigma2 etc. but did not find the plugin folder.

I deleted the config file in /etc, tried to edit the scripts in /usr/lib/enigma2/python (mytest.py / skin.py / import.py) but nothing worked...

So I reflashed... :-(

Any idea to avoid this issue ? I would like to use LCD4linux at least to configure the screen.
thanks,

legau

Vu+ Newbie
UPDATE : I think I know what I did wrong : I installed the Config first, before the plugin...
RTFM they said :D but I was convinced I was installing the plugin and not the config... well, I see the LCD4Linux Package just below... Anyway, if I have the same behaviour next time, I would be glad to know how to solve it without reflashing the entire box.

Matrix10

Administrator
And I also know
that you did not read what was written on the server when you installed the config file
and there it is clearly written
:eek:

But OK
We all make mistakes.

Next time you can delete (FTP) in /etc/enigma2
skin_user.xml and lcd4config files

reboot

legau

Vu+ Newbie
Yes Matrix, exactly what I did because I was convinced I was installing the lcd4linux plugin and not the config only :)

It seems so dumb, especially when I did this at least 20 times... but you know, I plugged my ultimo 4k in the hdmi out first, then put the cable in tuner B instead of A, then my two smartcards were inversed... for the tuners and the sc slots, for my défense, they have inverted from the duo2. But for the hdmi... bad night yesterday lol

Anyway thanks a lot for the tips to delete the files, but as I said I was looking for the lcd4linux folder and binaries, not the config files ... if I only knew!!

Thanks for the update