Looking for a DVB-C Set-top box with PVR requirements

Konrad Lorinczi

Vu+ Newbie
Looking for a DVB-C Set-top box with PVR requirements.

Currently I own a Technisat Technistar K4 ISIO, earlier I had Topfield TF5000PVR DVB-C set-top box (I owned both, I liked both, but both had problems and missing features).

The Topfield TF5000PVR is dead now, and while I like Technisat Technistar K4 ISIO very much, but I still have problems with it, so looking for an alternative like VU+.

Required features:
- FBC (Full Band Capture) DVB-C tuner.
- USB 3.0
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000 mbit).
- PVR, Recording to NAS on the Ethernet network.
- PVR, Recording to external HDD on USB3.0.
- PVR, Editing of recorded video (cut off the beginning, or the end of video, or cut off the selected interval from the video).
- Bookmark favorite positions in the recorded video. Jump to the bookmarked positions.
- Timeshifting of currently played TV channel (possibly not cleaning timeshift buffer, when changing channel).
- Organize recorded videos into folders, manually.
- Series recording feature (record each episode based on EPG, search automatically based on search text, record episodes into the created folder).
- EPG
- PiP (Picture-in-Picture: playing current channel, while showing another channel in a corner in small size) or PaP (Picture-and-Picture: showing 2 channels in a split screen, both in the same size).
- UPNP, DLNA support.

Which VU+ product may satisfy these requirements?

Thanks!

Konrad Lorinczi

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks!

How about web interface?

Is it possible to add or modify record scheduling through web interface (I would like to change scheduling remotely, when I'm away from home).

AlexWilMac

Thanks!
How about web interface?
Is it possible to add or modify record scheduling through web interface (I would like to change scheduling remotely, when I'm away from home).
Of course there's a OWIF. Accessing it from the Internet is not a specific problem of the OWIF but requires you to have a Static public IP address or a FritzBox as a router (because FritzBoxes provide you with a fix URL, and this is useful for your case). Otherwise, you need other ways, like NO-IP or the like (as p.rodrigues said).

Konrad Lorinczi

Vu+ Newbie
Of course there's a OWIF. Accessing it from the Internet is not a specific problem of the OWIF but requires you to have a Static public IP address or a FritzBox as a router (because FritzBoxes provide you with a fix URL, and this is useful for your case). Otherwise, you need other ways, like NO-IP or the like (as p.rodrigues said).
Yes, I have dynamic ip, but I use NO-IP-like service, then on my router redirect external port to internal lan ip and port.

The question was if VU+ devices have web interface to schedule recordings.

I gladly hear, that they have.
All VU+ devices have web interface?

AlexWilMac

Viewing, yes; sharing... what do you mean by sharing? A recording is not a website, hasn't got a URL. It's surely possible to download it and then play it locally, on the destination device. Streaming, for instance by VLC, would also be possible but I've never had the need of doing it remotely. But with the appropriate port forwarding settings, it should be possible.
And this is valid both for local viewing or remote one.

Konrad Lorinczi

Vu+ Newbie
I mean by sharing: for example I recorded a TV show, and I want to show it to my friend, I would like to allow to view it (streaming).

Another use case: while on holiday, I would like to view the series, shows recorded at home, using an Android TV box + Kodi + mobile internet at remote holiday place.

Konrad Lorinczi

Vu+ Newbie
Great! Thanks!

I searched about video editing and bookmarking feature in the manual, but I did not not find anything about it.

Where can I read about this?

Sent with Tapatalk