Looking for a recommendation

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everybody, I am using an old Vu+ ultimo and I would like to get a newer receiver. I have a satellite dish with multiple lnb's and in the old receiver I have 3 tuners with 2x Astra 28.2, 19.2 and hotbird 13 cables for each tuner.

What should I get, with what configuration, to watch a channel and record one or more other channels at the same time?

Thanks.

AlexWilMac

You need a receiver with FBC tuners and to change your current universal LNBs by Unicable/SCR ones: this would give you an virtually total freedom to record/watch/stream/PiP.

armidaamica

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you Alex, it sounds very interesting (and modern....)

However, it is too complicate for me to change all now, I have cables to 3 rooms and reach the antenna and change the 3 LNB's is quite complicate. I don't mind to have just a few channels available at the same time to watch/record. I don't mind also to use DiSEqC if necessary and spend more for a receiver with more tuners. Do you have another suggestion for me?

AlexWilMac

I don't think all these 3 satellites have the same relevance to you, haven't them? So, you don't need to change all three: you can change the LNB for your most used satellite into a Unicable/SCR and manage the other two by a normal DiSEqC switch (because you can't use a traditional DiSEqC switch to manage more than one SCR LNB and other universal ones).
The cables are not to be changed, of course: you can use the current ones.
But a Unicable/SCR LNB means you can split its signal and serve as many rooms as their UBs (user bands) are. A SCR with 24 SCR UBs, for instance, can serve up to 24 different receivers or a mixed system with one or more FBC tuner or norma tuners.
That's because a FBC tuner is physically one but virtually many (at least 7, by one cable...).