NAS mediacenter and Vu+duo

Zengari

Vu+ User
Can someone tell me how l connect my NAS to vu+duo.. ?? l have already a homegroup..

Thanks for helping..

Zengari

Vu+ User
thanks for answer dear admin but l dont know what you mean? l will try it but after that? Thanks again for answer l am not good in this but l have to do it :)

Shiro

BH-C
Djmount is a UpNp/Dlna client.
If your Nas support UpNp/Dlna protocol you have first to enable it in your Nas and then to start in your box dlna client (blue -> blue ->UPnP client djmount)
After it is enabled you will access to your NAS going in menu -> mediaplayer media/upnp

The alternative way is to mount your nas in your box like an external disk
Goto blue -> blue -> Network Browse & Mountpoints and follow instructions

Shiro

BH-C
yes if it is not seen in Browse Network try to click Mount Managment -> add new network mountpoint, insert ip, select protocol ecc....

Zengari

Vu+ User
yes if it is not seen in Browse Network try to click Mount Managment -> add new network mountpoint, insert ip, select protocol ecc....
Dear , l have been trying alreadt many times but it wont connected. Thanks anyway for your help.

Shiro

BH-C
i mounted in all my Vu+ my Linux pc My Windows Pc and my Nas made with a RaspberryPI.
No problems-
Check your nas config and be sure that it is enabled Nfs or Samba.

Zengari

Vu+ User
i mounted in all my Vu+ my Linux pc My Windows Pc and my Nas made with a RaspberryPI.
No problems-
Check your nas config and be sure that it is enabled Nfs or Samba.
l am really newbie about this , l dont want to make something wrong otherwise l will have no NAS and no VU+DUoO , but lwill try later on :)

nutrialex

Vu+ Newbie
Ι also have a problem . I cannot see my common files, videos etc and my WMP library of my Windows 7 PC on Vu+Solo2. (I don't use a password for login)
My TV , blueray, android phone can do that BUT Vu Solo cannot.

I can see only my PCName under media/uPnp. I am not able to see folders or common files.
I also tried to mount my PC in Browse Network --> click Mount Managment --> add new network mountpoint, insert ip, select protocol etc but didn't make any difference.

Please someone.

nutrialex

Vu+ Newbie
The only thing that i m not sure is when i add a network point what I state for "server share". The default is: "export/hdd" .
I assume I have to change it but to what?
I have 4 disks on the Windows PC with movies folders which are common for everyone as I stated that on Windows7

setting up share in windows 7:

Select folder/drive which you'd like to share in your network, then:
right mouse click > properties > sharing > share > select "everyone" > add > Permission level: Read/Write > share > done
and your folder is already shared
(if your folder is in \User\PC_name(admin)- e.g.: Desktop, My documents, My Videos etc., you need to go to [Advanced sharing] and select tick-box "share this folder")

adding CIFS share in vu solo2:

blue > blue > network browse and mountpoints > lan connection > select your PC > press green button (mounts management) > add new network mount point
and settings should be as follow:

Active: Enable
Local share name: movies //name of your share as it will appear in your vu
Mount type: CIFS share
Server IP: 192.168.0.22 //your PC IP address
Server share: cinema //share name from your PC
Use as HDD replacement: no
Mount options: rw
Username: admin //your_PC_name/PC_username
Password: ... //your password if you have any

then press ok and your PC files can be accessed using ftp client or movie player

Good luck

mods/admins: can you add this tutorial to "bh how to..." It will be very useful for everyone here

nutrialex

Vu+ Newbie
So you mean that i have to make a new mountpoint for every shared folder on my pc? Thats too much.
Is there a way to make 4 mountpoints for the 4 discs?

Στάλθηκε απο το S3 mini με Tapatalk2

not for every folder m8 - that's general tut, you can use it with drives or folders, whatever you like to share
you can simply create mountpoint for every single drive

nutrialex

Vu+ Newbie
Please tell me how
I cannot find the syntax. I tried:
G:/HDmovies
G:HDmovies but no luck

Στάλθηκε απο το S3 mini με Tapatalk2

windows will show you what the share name (network path) is under disc properties/sharing - if that's what you're asking about

Duo2NewGuy

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I'm a total newbie and have gained my limited experience to date, by searching through the many forums here - which all knowledgeable members deserve a big pat on the back for their help.

I have mounted a network folder pointing to a linux NAS hard drive the path is smb://GP/Xtreamer/SDA1/Videos

MediaCenter can access the folder but none of the movies can be seen.

However, if I use the XBMC plugin, all the movies are there, listed, but they cannot be played ( have queried this already with the XBMC team but no joy as of yet)

No issues with playback using my windows 7 PC either.

Just to add - the NAS is Upnp / DNLA / SMB / NFS, compatible and can also ftp , telnet onto it & browse it from the web

Any ideas??