No video output with Vu+ Uno 4k Se

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

I have no video output un my receiver. It seems like the HDMI port is fine because i can a picture while flashing a new Image, but there is no video after the receiver boots up. None of the resolution options worked.

I can see un the OpenWebif, that the box is running and is capable of open different channels.

I faced this issue after a lightning strike, and also the Tunner A got broken.

Any hope to fix it?
Why do I have a picture while flashing an image, but no video after that?

Attachments

• 20200929_180339.jpg
    20200929_180339.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200929_180518.jpg
    20200929_180518.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200929_180353.jpg
    20200929_180353.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 128
  • 20200929_180339.jpg
    20200929_180339.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200929_180518.jpg
    20200929_180518.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200929_180353.jpg
    20200929_180353.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 29

AlexWilMac

If you say: “none of the resolution options worked” it means you saw them in your TV, right or not?
And what happens if you press Menu?

Have you also tried the typical needed cross tries? It means, connecting another device to the same tv; connecting your vu+ to another tv or monitor and, obviously, changing HDMI cable.

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Alexwilmac!

No, I saw the options on the front little LCD screen.
I have access to my router, so I can check the menu out put from the OpenWebif.

Yes! I already try with different Tvs, monitors and cables.

I have a 25' monitor where I can see a picture at the moment the receiver boots, but then after that I have no video. That same picture is seem while flashing the receiver with same/other image.
I have a 55' 4k TV and here I have no picture or video at all.

Other devices are working fine on the monitor and the tv with the same HDMI cable.

Regards,
Johan

Mick12334

Do you have an internal HDD fitted?
If so try accessing the recordings, and see if they'll play.
Also try a USB stick, with some recordings, and see if that is recognized, and plays.

It might be that your Tuner was damaged, by the lightning strike, if not you might need to remove the cover, after removing the power cable, and check for signs of damage.

Is there anything showing? Even when you press the menu button?

nunigaia

Hi all,

I have no video output un my receiver. It seems like the HDMI port is fine because i can a picture while flashing a new Image, but there is no video after the receiver boots up. None of the resolution options worked.

I can see un the OpenWebif, that the box is running and is capable of open different channels.

I faced this issue after a lightning strike, and also the Tunner A got broken.

Any hope to fix it?
Why do I have a picture while flashing an image, but no video after that?

From the faced screenshot ( Yours ):

20200929_180353-jpg.49183

You might ask for support at the site mentioned on your screenshot and not here!

They are adultering our work!

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

OMG!!! I hadn't seen the screen!
Is like you bought a fake chinese Ferrari and then you go to fix it to an official Ferrari service.
Please: the only true OBH is downloadable from this very forum: don't put you in trouble with fake ones!

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Do you have an internal HDD fitted?
If so try accessing the recordings, and see if they'll play.
Also try a USB stick, with some recordings, and see if that is recognized, and plays.

It might be that your Tuner was damaged, by the lightning strike, if not you might need to remove the cover, after removing the power cable, and check for signs of damage.

Is there anything showing? Even when you press the menu button?

I did not understood what do you want me to try.

Sorry for ask you, but can you explain with more detais?

If you are wondering if the box is capable of running video, I will se yes, because with the OpenWebIf I can see that channels are being detected and openend on tunner B.

regards,
Johan

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
OMG!!! I hadn't seen the screen!
Is like you bought a fake chinese Ferrari and then you go to fix it to an official Ferrari service.
Please: the only true OBH is downloadable from this very forum: don't put you in trouble with fake ones!

You guys are right! I usually use openbh-4.3.037.release-vuuno4kse_usb_release_bfca076, and I did have that other image to see if something was different on it.
I mistakenly took that other image while switch between images

Let me try with the True OBH image.

Johan

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Here are the results for different images.

None of them help to have video un the monitor screen with the HDMI output, after it start running

Attachments

• 20200930_180455.jpg
    20200930_180455.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20200930_180447.jpg
    20200930_180447.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200930_181039.jpg
    20200930_181039.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200930_180544.jpg
    20200930_180544.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200930_180402.jpg
    20200930_180402.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200930_181211.jpg
    20200930_181211.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200930_181205.jpg
    20200930_181205.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 22

Mick12334

Do you have a hard drive fitted? If it has recordings on it can you access them, and do they play, on your television?
Can you put some recordings, off your PC, onto a USB stick, and try playing that on VU+ 4K, onto your television?

I need to know what exactly is happening, as so far you're showing nothing, even in your pictures, using Openwebif, you are going through the initial setup but not showing anything past setting up the HDMI video settings, Do you even get to setting up your tuner and scanning in channels?

Have you tried loading a channel list, via dreamboxedit, or via the menu options?

After initial setup can you access your menu?

How was it working, prior to the lightning strike, and for how long?

AlexWilMac

Surely playing something directly from the HDD is a try to do (@Johan Oviedo: this is the logic of Mick suggestion) and maybe I'm wrong and what I'm going to say is only a theory: I've seen many computers showing problems to their graphic card not immediately at boot, when the video section is not yet fully involved, but only at the login step.
There they clearly showed issues to their graphic card.
I fear the lightning burnt the video card chipset and it's now not able to properly be initialised at the full resolution requested after the login (when it works only at 640x480 or similar resolutions; low ones, anyway...).
If this is the case, not only you won't be able to play video files from a connected HDD or USB device, but I think even a technician will not be able to repair it, unless you change the whole motherboard.

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Do you have a hard drive fitted? If it has recordings on it can you access them, and do they play, on your television?
Can you put some recordings, off your PC, onto a USB stick, and try playing that on VU+ 4K, onto your television?

I need to know what exactly is happening, as so far you're showing nothing, even in your pictures, using Openwebif, you are going through the initial setup but not showing anything past setting up the HDMI video settings, Do you even get to setting up your tuner and scanning in channels?

Have you tried loading a channel list, via dreamboxedit, or via the menu options?

After initial setup can you access your menu?

How was it working, prior to the lightning strike, and for how long?

Hi!

Now I understand the request, thanks you for thinking in those experiments. This is what I was able to do today:

• Configure Tunner B
  • Syntonize different channles, from different Satellites connected to a 4x1 Diseqc (all ports are working)
  • See a channel with resolution 1920x1080 in my computers using transcoding function
  • Record a 2 minutes video and store it inside a connected PenDirve(USB memory)
  • I was able to reproduce this video in the Receiver using the plugin to reproduce media files
  • I was able to reproduce that same record in my computer. I connected the USB memory to the computer and open the .ts file
  • I loaded a stored channel list by using e-channelizer program
  • Audio through the optical output is working just fine. No legs or anything wrong, all is fine
I have this receiver since 14 August 2020, about one month and a half

Attachments

• OpenChannel.PNG
    OpenChannel.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • PlayingRecord.jpg
    PlayingRecord.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 10
  • SavedRecord.jpg
    SavedRecord.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 11
  • SignalFinder.jpg
    SignalFinder.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 12
  • SignalFinder2.jpg
    SignalFinder2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 11

Mick12334

It's beginning to look like it's a hardware fault, just with your HDMI port.
Try contacting your supplier, explain the problem, and the fact that you can use it via your receiver, with all the steps you've taken, and see if they will repair it, under warranty.

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Surely playing something directly from the HDD is a try to do (@Johan Oviedo: this is the logic of Mick suggestion) and maybe I'm wrong and what I'm going to say is only a theory: I've seen many computers showing problems to their graphic card not immediately at boot, when the video section is not yet fully involved, but only at the login step.
There they clearly showed issues to their graphic card.
I fear the lightning burnt the video card chipset and it's now not able to properly be initialised at the full resolution requested after the login (when it works only at 640x480 or similar resolutions; low ones, anyway...).
If this is the case, not only you won't be able to play video files from a connected HDD or USB device, but I think even a technician will not be able to repair it, unless you change the whole motherboard.
Hi,

Since I can play videos with a resolution of 1920x1080 it seems like the video grapic card is still fine.

I also try to use the HDMI input port, but I was unable to see any image using OpenWebif. I don't know if it was because the image of the HDMI In, is not shown in the OpenWebif, or because it is also not working.

-Johan

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
It's beginning to look like it's a hardware fault, just with your HDMI port.
Try contacting your supplier, explain the problem, and the fact that you can use it via your receiver, with all the steps you've taken, and see if they will repair it, under warranty.
Thanks for looking at the post.

Why do you think I can see the picture with the logo of "Black Hole" at boot time? just after I plug in the power cable.

I already contacted them, they told me that the receiver may need to be sent to Vu+, so that can fix the issue. I don't know if they have the schematics of the card to fix it, but it seems like they don't, because of the suggestion to send it to Vu+ and let them fix it.

PS: This is what I have while connecting something to the HDMI cable (see the picture)

-Johan

Attachments

• HDMIIn.jpg
    HDMIIn.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 14

AlexWilMac

Please, @Johan Oviedo : don't post OWIF pictures any longer, otherwise we might get confused if you was able to WATCH directly on your TV screen the VU+ output or not!!!
The fact you can do things by the OWIF is clear enough but this is not the point!
For instance, Mick (and I, too) has doubts about your HDMI working or not because it's not clear if the pictures named PlayingRecord.jpg and the others means you saw them displayed on your TV or only by the OWIF.
And, please, leave useless e-channelizer ways of creating bouquets, because this "lazy" plugins may introduce troubles in the system files: it's better, particularly in this moment (where you issues and suspects about tuners and HW) to keep the things simple.
Do a manual scan (choosing the options to delete the previous stored channels) and create your own bouquets.

If you are not experienced about bouquets, maybe you'll find useful this post of mines:
BOUQUETS in Enigma2 images.
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/bouquets-in-enigma2-images.40483/

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Please, @Johan Oviedo : don't post OWIF pictures any longer, otherwise we might get confused if you was able to WATCH directly on your TV screen the VU+ output or not!!!
The fact you can do things by the OWIF is clear enough but this is not the point!
For instance, Mick (and I, too) has doubts about your HDMI working or not because it's not clear if the pictures named PlayingRecord.jpg and the others means you saw them displayed on your TV or only by the OWIF.
And, please, leave useless e-channelizer ways of creating bouquets, because this "lazy" plugins may introduce troubles in the system files: it's better, particularly in this moment (where you issues and suspects about tuners and HW) to keep the things simple.
Do a manual scan (choosing the options to delete the previous stored channels) and create your own bouquets.

If you are not experienced about bouquets, maybe you'll find useful this post of mines:
BOUQUETS in Enigma2 images.
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/bouquets-in-enigma2-images.40483/

Hi @Alexwimac To make me self clear, all shared images are either photos taken with my phone of screenshots saved from OWIF.
The only attached images that shows some picture in the connected monitor through the HDMI output, are from the first post, and the other post when I play with other images. Those are photos taken with my phone, and those images are displayed in the monitor ONLY when the recevier is turnning on by moving the switch, of while I'm Updating the image (flashing an image).
In normal operation, I don't have video or anything in the connected monitor.

About the program e-channelizer, I didn't know that it was not recomended. Since I'm able to do a manual scan, I think I can modify the satellite list and get all BOUQUEST with the recomendations from your post.
I was letting e-channelizer to include/add picons for my channel list, I guess I need now to investigate on how to do it on my own. One more thing to learn and have fun.

Regards,
Johan

AlexWilMac

I had hoped that some of your pictures were "real". But, from what you say, I believe I must get back to my first hypothesis that the video chipset is damaged. It's only able to display low resolution images, during the initial boot process.
I've seen many computers showing the same issues (particularly the laptops): they were able to display something only during the first boot step. When they launched the GUI for the login... various kind of troubles indicated a failure in the graphic card.
I can't obviously be sure because only an electronic technician (probably) could be having your device in his hands, but in my viev is very likely.
As you say it is under warranty, even if it was damaged by a lighting, I would try the warrant procedure.
And, in the future ALWAYS protect these delicate electronic devices by a UPS or, at least, a surge protected socket, like the ones from APC, for instance (the best ones).
Electronic devices are very, very easy to be damaged even by irregular tension, image by lighting events.

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
@Alexwilmac @Mick12334 Today I turn on the receiver after a long time without using it. This time I connected the Vu+ directly to the TV and I got image, but only with resolutions below 2160 and it is not stable.
In resolutions like 720, the TV shows about 4-5 seconds and it goes black again, some seconds later the image+audio comes back, and so on every few seconds.

I usually use a sound bar that passthorught the video to the TV, so I did noticed before.

This new behaviour may tells you what could be damaged?
Do you think is there something I can try to fix it?

regards,
Johan