Nuisance with CI

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.
I am a new owner of a Duo2 (test factory image of 2016).
I have a nuisance with a (regular) TivuSat Nagravision CAM (and card).
All is working fine untill I zap on Astra channels (TivuSat channels are from Hotbird); when I zap back to TivuSat channels the CAM does not work anymore and I need to restart the stb in order to have the CAM working again.
Is this a known issue? Anything I can do about it?
Thanks in advance.

AlexWilMac

This seems an old issue, appeared for the first time with BH2.1.5, then solved, then again appeared.
I don't know if you also have a DVB-T tuner installed. If so, I suppose this problem occurs also zapping to a terrestrial channel and the zapping back to a tivusat one.
I'd try a different image, like the OBH 4.1 (update it after the install, in case) or a BH image that is, also, much better than the original VU+ one.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
I have only one DVB-S2 tuner.
I thought I am using a BH image :idea:, isn't it the default image installed?
Could you please briefly clarify? And, furthermore, are you sure that the images that you suggest do not show the problem?
Thanks in advance.

AlexWilMac

No, BH is not the factory image although some resellers may install it in new boxes.
To know what image are you using, simply explore your menus: there is always a specific item that tells you everything about the installed software.
As far as I know the most recent images does not have this problem but, any way, there is no point in using old softwares: BH and OBH have been always developing.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
For the record, Main menu > Information > About
reports:

Version: 2015-04-22-vuplus_experimental_factory
Image: Experimental 2016-07-01

What image is it?
Is there any command line I can use to know what image it is?

AlexWilMac

Surely, a very, very, very old image... ;)
I advice you to install the OBH 4.1 (and to update it online after the install, of course): much lighter and updated.
You can save your channels by the specifc software for your computer, if you like.

Catorcio

Vu+ Newbie
Well, if it is old, it does not mean that it is bad.
For example, I am 54 and still performing very well.
:) ... just kidding. I installed the OBH 4.1.