Open Black Hole Live TV Plug-In

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I've come across the XBMC Live TV plug-in which allows you to view live TV from within XBMC.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/a-little-gift-from-the-bh-team-this-christmas.26822/

Now it says it should be installed on Black Hole 3.0.1 or higher. I've tried installing it on Open Black Hole and it didn't work which is probably no suprise. Before I start looking into this to see if I can get it installed, can anyone tell me if the plug-in is exclusive to Black Hole 3.x or will it work on Open Black Hole?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

nunigaia

Hi,

I've come across the XBMC Live TV plug-in which allows you to view live TV from within XBMC.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/a-little-gift-from-the-bh-team-this-christmas.26822/

Now it says it should be installed on Black Hole 3.0.1 or higher. I've tried installing it on Open Black Hole and it didn't work which is probably no suprise. Before I start looking into this to see if I can get it installed, can anyone tell me if the plug-in is exclusive to Black Hole 3.x or will it work on Open Black Hole?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Of course if it works, you can use it on Open BlackHole image.

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
Of course if it works, you can use it on Open BlackHole image.
I'll give it a go so again and see can I get it installed, I probably won't even use it but I'm curious to see what the Live TV experience is like within XBMC.
As far as I can remember I encountered a problem when I tried to install it previously but I'll troubleshoot it.
I just thought that may the plug-in was not supported by Open Black Hole and that it only works on Black Hole 3.x as that was the only image mentioned in the post.

fudgel

Vu+ Newbie
Alright so I tried to install the plug-in again and I got an error that these dependencies were not met:
libgcc1 (>= 4.9.2) * libstdc++6 (>= 4.9.2) * libc6 (>= 2.21) *

The versions of these that I had on my Open Black Hole were as follows (even after doing 'opkg update')
libgcc1 (>= 4.9.1), libstdc++6 (>= 4.9.1), libc6 (>= 2.20)

I'm not sure if this is the correct procedure or not but I found libgcc1 4.9.2 on the Debian Packages website and tried to install that, however it also had dependancies:
multiarch-support * gcc-4.9-base (= 4.9.2-10) *

So I found the 2 of these and installed them, and then installed libgcc2 4.9.2, so that was 1 down.

root@vuduo2:/usr/lib/opkg# opkg list | grep libgcc
libgcc-s-dbg - 4.9.1-r0 - GNU cc and gcc C compilers - Debugging files GNU cc and gcc C compilers.
libgcc-s-dev - 4.9.1-r0 - GNU cc and gcc C compilers - Development files GNU cc and gcc C
libgcc1 - 4.9.1-r0 - GNU cc and gcc C compilers GNU cc and gcc C compilers.
libgcc1 - 1:4.9.2-10

I tried to install libc6 and got the following:

root@vuduo2:/usr/lib/opkg# opkg install /tmp/libc6_2.21-9_mipsel.deb
Upgrading libc6 from 2.20-r0 to 2.21-9 on root.
package libc6 suggests installing libc6-doc
libc6: unsatisfied recommendation for debconf
libc6: unsatisfied recommendation for libc-l10n
libc6: unsatisfied recommendation for locales
/tmp/opkg-W42EJO/libc6-05Ighu/preinst: line 233: dpkg: not found
readlink: invalid option -- 'm'
BusyBox v1.22.1 (2015-05-19 10:36:37 CEST) multi-call binary.

Usage: readlink [-fnv] FILE

Display the value of a symlink

-f Canonicalize by following all symlinks
-n Don't add newline
-v Verbose

To remove package debris, try `opkg remove libc6`.
To re-attempt the install, try `opkg install libc6`.
Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: package "libc6" preinst script returned status 1.
* preinst_configure: Aborting installation of libc6.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libc6.

So now I'm trying to install dpkg which also has dependencies:
libdpkg-perl (= 1.16.17) * xz-utils * patch * make * binutils * base-files (>= 5.0.0) *

I started with libdpkg-perl 1.16.17, however one of the dependencies for this is dpkg (>= 1.15.8)! How can I install dpkg is it requires libdpkg-perl, which require dpkg!

Can anyone please tell me if I am going to right way about this or not? It just seems that each package I install has an endless list of dependencies and I'm going around in circles!