Open BlackHole Online Update

AlexWilMac

In case, 5.0.006 but actually not yet, at least not for every boxes as online update. It is available, though, as offline installer in the OpenBH.net forum.

gerolamo

Vu+ User
On Solo4k box from GUI zero problems
On box Zero4k from telnet the update was successful but problems in closing the telnet connection
Now if I try to redo a connection (with zilla) the following message comes out
Network error: network is unreachable
mystery

Newworld

Vu+ Newbie
In case, 5.0.006 but actually not yet, at least not for every boxes as online update. It is available, though, as offline installer in the OpenBH.net forum.

It came to my device. (VU+ UNO 4K SE) Position numbers in the "light" and "contrast" settings in the video enhancement preview are now also visible.

Thank you OBH Team.

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
Still awaiting 5.0.006 for Vu+Solo2.
My Vu+Uno4K has been updated to 5.0.006.

Vu+Solo2 shows updates but does not actually update after reboot.

Attachments

• photo_2021-12-26_13-30-50.jpg
    photo_2021-12-26_13-30-50.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Telnet Log.pdf
    135.3 KB · Views: 15

AlexWilMac

Did you try again? because telnet log (next time it's better to copy into a small txt file and zip it ;)) shows a corrupt file.
What version are you on? Because .004 had an issue.
Anyway, try always by telnet, that's most reliable.

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
Did you try again? because telnet log (next time it's better to copy into a small txt file and zip it ;)) shows a corrupt file.
What version are you on? Because .004 had an issue.
Anyway, try always by telnet, that's most reliable.

I've tried updating many times today using GUI and Telnet but both methods fail.
The version I'm using is...

photo_2021-12-26_13-30-50.jpg

chojny

Vu+ User
... in case of the last update of VU + zero, errors pop up while downloading packages and the update process is not completed ....

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Maybe, it's the case to take advantage of the fact that, in the new forum (created by the same admins of this one) you have the offline installer always up to date. So, at the moment, you can download the 006.
https://images.openbh.net/?b=5.0/vuplus
So, you can surely do a personal backup (not the full one), flash your box and then import the saved configuration.

Are these personal backups those of the settings? Is that if yes, they leave a lot "forgotten".... but nothing that does not match quickl

Yes they are but you must choose the advance settings backup first time to add your personal files and folders. then restoring you settings after a new image flash is pretty much straight forward.

AlexWilMac

No, Thomas, in OBH there isn't a GUI way to choose which files you want to include in a "personal backup", like in BH. It might be done (manually) editing the file "settings" in /etc/enigma2, but this might be tricky and, if one gets wrong the syntax, it would cause a crash.
But, that said, I find the personal settings very effective since OBH 4.3 and you don't really need much more to add.
The only folders which may contain useful files added by the user, are probably
/usr/bin/
/usr/camscript

One can save what needed manually from these folders.

But for everything else, Personal Backup actually restores everything:
-tuner configuration
-channels and bouquets
-key customization
-mount points (also of NAS or other network devices)

and so on. Let's say that the 95% of the really annoying work is done by the restore. ;)

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Great! I had never noticed... You see: everyday one can learn something! :)

Anyway, I forgot to mention, in previous post... another very important item correctly saved by the settings backup: plugins, of course! :oops:

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
I've tried updating many times today using GUI and Telnet but both methods fail.
The version I'm using is...

View attachment 51390

Well it seems I must have had a corrupted image.

I flashed the Vu+Solo2 box once again but using the offline installer 5.0.006 and restored using the 'Settings BackUp' and I am back up and running relatively quickly.

Thanks for the new 'Settings BackUp' process in the image it's probably the least painful method of recovering from such scenarios. Also, the availabilty of the offline installer for latest releases is a great move.

Cheers.

valb

Vu+ Newbie
Azam - I have experienced exactly the same as you on my Solo2. When two people in different parts of the world have the same problem, looking at it logically then it seems odd that the same file gets corrupted during download for both people. Every indication is that the original file(s) must be the problem but this is just a guess.
Did you change anything in the settings backup or are the defaults for which files to copy sufficient? I see that all folders have a red box to the left of the name. One file I found the box was green. Does red mean copy and green do not copy. The yellow "select/deselect" button seems to do the opposite of what I expected.

Regards

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
Azam - I have experienced exactly the same as you on my Solo2. When two people in different parts of the world have the same problem, looking at it logically then it seems odd that the same file gets corrupted during download for both people. Every indication is that the original file(s) must be the problem but this is just a guess.
Did you change anything in the settings backup or are the defaults for which files to copy sufficient? I see that all folders have a red box to the left of the name. One file I found the box was green. Does red mean copy and green do not copy. The yellow "select/deselect" button seems to do the opposite of what I expected.

Regards

My gut feeling also points towards the original update package files for Solo2 maybe corrupt for this update but I guess it's wrong to speculate. I had the same image version (5.0.005) in flash and multiboot and I got the same corruption errors when attempting to update both (Telnet or GUI). No issues with online updates on my other box Vu+Uno4K which updated first time to 5.0.006.

With regards the settings backup. I just left it to the default and the restore process was probably 95% satisfactory. Just had to reinstall a couple of plugins but delighted with the results. My box I think is just a simple setup. I would regularly backup your important files via FTP anyway if your setup is more complicated.