viper619

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I have vu zero 4k
installed openmultiboot
on blackhole image inserted 2 usb drive
1 for openmultiboot other for pvr record files
I have mapped 1 usb to media/usb this contains multiboot image
2usb to media/hdd for media record files
Both usb storage recognised by blackhole image but on multiboot image not showing 2nd usb if I initialize device in multiboot image it will show up but when I go to main image blackhole 2nd usb shows not maped
Both usb format to ext4

nunigaia

Hi I have vu zero 4k
installed openmultiboot
on blackhole image inserted 2 usb drive
1 for openmultiboot other for pvr record files
I have mapped 1 usb to media/usb this contains multiboot image
2usb to media/hdd for media record files
Both usb storage recognised by blackhole image but on multiboot image not showing 2nd usb if I initialize device in multiboot image it will show up but when I go to main image blackhole 2nd usb shows not maped
Both usb format to ext4

The one that is not mapped, you have to map it and reboot your DUO4K.

best regards
nunigaia

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
The one that is not mapped, you have to map it and reboot your DUO4K.

best regards
nunigaia
You not understand I have vu zero 4k I have mapped both usb In blackhole but when I go to openmultiboot image open atv openpil or openvix only 1usb showing if I initialize device in open atv or any other openmultiboot image it will show the second usb drive but if I go back to main image blackhole it 2nd usb device will get unmapped

The one you have mounted as USB and use for Multiboot will be mounted as /omb when you are in a multiboot image and not the flash.

But if you open your box with ftp you will see that in media folder your usb is avalible as /media/usb/ ;) just mount manager that protect you from
removing the /omb mount. Reason is very clear... Its your emulated flash memory when you are in multiboot so if you remove /omb it will be the same as
removing your flash memory.

So for picons and stuff like that if you have them on your usb stick they should still work.

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
The one you have mounted as USB and use for Multiboot will be mounted as /omb when you are in a multiboot image and not the flash.

But if you open your box with ftp you will see that in media folder your usb is avalible as /media/usb/ ;) just mount manager that protect you from
removing the /omb mount. Reason is very clear... Its your emulated flash memory when you are in multiboot so if you remove /omb it will be the same as
removing your flash memory.

So for picons and stuff like that if you have them on your usb stick they should still work.
I have put 2 usb in box 1 for openmultiboot image other for media record storage both usb show in blackhole flash but in openmultiboot images only 1usb shows until I intlize

That was what i try to explain. When you are in the Flash Image (Blackhole) then you can mount both your USB Sticks as you describe in earlier post.
But the Usb Stick you have installed OpenMultiboot on (OMB) will become your flash memory when you boot in to any image in Multiboot and therfore
you only see in mountmanager 1 USB Stick.

If you have OpenBlackhole as Multiboot and you boot in to the OBH image and then open Device Manager with BlueButton>>BlueButton>>Device Manager you will se your other USB Stick is there and mounted as /omb not /media/usb
If you try and re mount to anything else then /omb will the USB Stick still be mounted after reboot as /omb

But your other stick can be mounted as anything in Multiboot :)

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
That was what i try to explain. When you are in the Flash Image (Blackhole) then you can mount both your USB Sticks as you describe in earlier post.
But the Usb Stick you have installed OpenMultiboot on (OMB) will become your flash memory when you boot in to any image in Multiboot and therfore
you only see in mountmanager 1 USB Stick.

If you have OpenBlackhole as Multiboot and you boot in to the OBH image and then open Device Manager with BlueButton>>BlueButton>>Device Manager you will se your other USB Stick is there and mounted as /omb not /media/usb
If you try and re mount to anything else then /omb will the USB Stick still be mounted after reboot as /omb

But your other stick can be mounted as anything in Multiboot :)
Open multiboot usb show in other images but the problem 2nd storage usb not shows on multiboot image

Okey lets split this up so we do talk about the samething :)

You have Blackhole Image in the flash of your Vu+?

There you have mounted 2 USB Memory Sticks, 1 as /media/usb and another as /media/hdd?

When you then through OpenMultiboot start lets say OpenBlackhole as example, You only can see 1 USB Memory Stick in mount view?

This USB Memory Stick is allredy mounted as /media/hdd?

If yes on all my questions i have allredy answered your question, The reason you only see one USB Memory Stick mounted as /media/hdd is because in the other you have installed OpenMultiBoot
There are all your multiboot images and therfore the USB Memory Stick want show in mount manager. It has now become your Flash Memory and can only be mounted as /omb

With FTP connect to your Vu+ when in a multiboot image, in the root you will find a folder name /omb, open that and you find the contense of your second USB Memory Stick
But if you also open the /media folder you will be suprice to see that your second USB Memory Stick is also ther as /media/usb ;) so even if its not in the mount view
all things like picons can find the correct search path even if its not in the mount view

viper619

Vu+ Newbie
Okey lets split this up so we do talk about the samething :)

You have Blackhole Image in the flash of your Vu+?

There you have mounted 2 USB Memory Sticks, 1 as /media/usb and another as /media/hdd?

When you then through OpenMultiboot start lets say OpenBlackhole as example, You only can see 1 USB Memory Stick in mount view?

This USB Memory Stick is allredy mounted as /media/hdd?

If yes on all my questions i have allredy answered your question, The reason you only see one USB Memory Stick mounted as /media/hdd is because in the other you have installed OpenMultiBoot
There are all your multiboot images and therfore the USB Memory Stick want show in mount manager. It has now become your Flash Memory and can only be mounted as /omb

With FTP connect to your Vu+ when in a multiboot image, in the root you will find a folder name /omb, open that and you find the contense of your second USB Memory Stick
But if you also open the /media folder you will be suprice to see that your second USB Memory Stick is also ther as /media/usb ;) so even if its not in the mount view
all things like picons can find the correct search path even if its not in the mount view

1st usb only shows in multiboot image like in open vix when I press pvr it opens 1st usb movie folder where I have installed openmultiboot images also when I record TV files goes to 1st usb storage in multiboot image
1st USB shows as media/hdd in multiboot images

I want to record channel files in 2nd usb but I can't do without intlizing

Last edited:
There is a solution but you will either loose your /media/usb contense, or the /media/usb depending on what usb stick you will sacriface ;)

With Usb Format Wizard, found in Blackhole by pressing Bluebutton then Bluebutton again, scroll down Settings menu and find Usb Format wizard.

Follow the instruction on your screen and when asked, make 2 partion on one of your OpenMultiBoot and rest for usb or hdd and then let wizard format them.
The partition for OpenMultiboot do not have to be large since 5 images live well with 2 gigabite and rest can be used for USB mount or HDD mount.

When you then go to multiboot you will have your /media/usb and /media/hdd mounted and the /omb will be hidden :)