OpenBh 5 slow in channell change

Shiro

BH-C
All OE-A images are in the last versions slow in channel change.
We know obh 5 have also this issue.
We noticed the issue and actively trying to identify the root cause.
You can help if you can identify from what exactly version the issue was started.

AlexWilMac

Anyway: I've never experienced such a slowness problem in 5.0.xxx: it reacts like 4.4.
If a difference is really present, it must be not more than 0,2sec.

In my case it was the LCD4Linux that made zap time slow. Uninstalled the plugin and removed the settings and now zap time is fast again
But with all the Clown skins that is demanded nowdays. Zap is not just a zap. Information and pngs are also loaded all that takes extra time

AlexWilMac

Yes, for instance the new fashion about XtraeventsPlugin... or weather and so on. Poor receivers...
I use L4L, too and no issues.

Well in my case zap time increased to over a second, And yes a second is nothing ;) But without L4L zap is instant
Looking forward to see what the real issue was since @Shiro announced that the problem was found

Maybe I am just spoiled with the FCC in BH ;)

AlexWilMac

Well... FCC is not only "roses and flowers", as we say in Italian: there are also counterside effects. At the time I was on BH, I eventually decided not to use it because it sometimes produced odd effects over the receiver behaviour.
I actually prefer to be spoiled by the many cuddles OBH is able to give me with its numerous functions and customizations.

Yes OBH is a more diverse image for you youngsters ;) Old stubbern users like me we like it strict and neet. And it's nice with 2 so diffrent images from the same Team.
1 is plug and play and the other is do it your self if you want. But they have one thing common, They depend on other builds so not all is in the hand of Team BH

AlexWilMac

Thanks for the youngsters thing :)
Actually, is because I'm too old that I don't conceive any longer an OS which makes you impossible to perform normal operations. If I wanted difficulties, I'd use DOS or Linux old manner, or MacOs' command linen instead of GUI.