OpenMultiboot lose name image....

hall9000

Vu+ User
Good morning

I've been using open-multiboot for so many years

Yesterday, however, I installed two new images and in the window that appears from the plugin were not listed while I noticed that they appeared instead in the boot window where you can choose the image.

How can I solve it?

Thank you

Hall

nunigaia

Good morning

I've been using open-multiboot for so many years

Yesterday, however, I installed two new images and in the window that appears from the plugin were not listed while I noticed that they appeared instead in the boot window where you can choose the image.

How can I solve it?

Thank you

Hall

Can you please, take a screenshot of it?

Note: Wich are the 2 new images that you have installed and wich image is running on the flash?

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

It's normal, particularly if the image in flash is OpenPli, if I'm not wrong.
Anyway, it happens and sometimes also happens that some image name showed in the booting list (if enabled) is not right. But if you select it, you'll recognise from its bootlogo, what image you are going to load.
Remember that OMB is not independent: it's the image installed in flash that manages this plugin. Or, if you prefer, it's the plugin of the image installed in flash the responsible.
What happens with an image, may not occur with another one.

hall9000

Vu+ User
Hi

Nunigaia and Alexwillmac
I have in Flash Openbh 4.3.018

upload_2020-3-5_21-36-57.png

This is a screen when the decoder is turned on.....

upload_2020-3-5_21-41-11.png

This instead the screen that you see using the openmultiboot plugin
As you can see, you cannot see the openvision image .... I, having not seen it, have uploaded it twice trying to change and rename the zip file

Thanks for your help

Hall

AlexWilMac

Yes, as I said, it's something that I've run into many times: the plugin menu does not show the OMB images but the Boot Menu does.
It's something for coders, but the most important thing is to have them shown in the boot menu, because you will always able to launch them. Obviously, it would be comfortable to launch them directly from the plugin menu, but considering the time you need to recall the plugin menu, the lack that always occurs between the click on the OMB plugin itself, the two confirms of the choice... it's almost better to directly reboot the box and use the Boot Menu ;)

hall9000

Vu+ User
Good morning

Unfortunately the problem reported still in the first days of March is still present....

As can be seen from the screen, only 4 images appear

upload_2020-7-16_10-12-10.png

But actually there are 5 images uploaded. The openpli that is here is not shown

upload_2020-7-16_10-14-34.png

I uploaded everything on a regular basis from the flash image, and everything went smoothly without any alerts

As @Alexvillmac said the coders thought to work on this problem?

Thanks

Hall

AlexWilMac

I suppose it's openpli that does not show, isn't it? It had never been shown, actually. And also VTi had similar problems (now I don't know because I haven't installed it any longer and I have no reasons at all to feel sad loading it, not even for curiosity... :D ) .