Openmultiboot-Reset Default Folder

bumperbee

Vu+ User
HI Everyone, I was trying to install an image from the flashdrive through Openmultiboot but was taking a very long time. I can’t exit with the exit or stop button. So I powered off the Stb.

From here my nightmare started, after I on back the Stb, it could set the flashdrive to default anymore. It either goes to hdd or even a folder called \dev\sdb, I can’t remember correctly, something like that. I tried many ways such as,

1. Uninstall Openmultiboot – tried many times uninstall and install

2. Format flashdrive – many times too but I am able to mount it to media\usb

3. Unmount hdd

4. Reflash with a backup image-twice

None of the above works. Please tell me how can I reset the default folder in Openmultiboot?

Thanks very much

AlexWilMac

It's not clear
1) what image do you have in flash and if you VU+ works from there.
2) Where was OMB set to load images from (HDD or USB flashdrive).
If OMB is set to HDD, just FTP to the box and delete the /media/hdd/openmultiboot folder

How many minutes did you wait for image to install? Some minutes are normal.
And was it the first time you tried to install an image in OMB? If so how did you do that (EXACTLY)?

bumperbee

Vu+ User
Hi Master Alexwilmac, thanks very much for your quick reply!

1) Blackhole v3.0.3G Latest

2) Initially it was good and able allow to choose whether to hdd or Usb flashdrive, but after I power off without letting it to finish the whole process because it runs for a very long time, it can’t set to Flashdrive anymore. It only allow to choose Hdd which I am very uncomfortable with.

3) I think is about 45 min

4) It was my first time.

1.1 When I select Openmultiboot, it will request a selection of the default drive, and I had selected Usb flashdrive

1.2 And the plugin open and I ftp the zip image to media\usb\openmultiboot upload

1.3 Select to install the zip file and it started

Please advice!

AlexWilMac

Hi Master Alexwilmac, thanks very much for your quick reply!

1.3 Select to install the zip file and it started

Please advice!

1)
OK, if it was the first time and taken that there was no defect in your USB flashdrive, maybe it was due to the fact that you put the .zip file with the same name you downloaded. It's better to short the name, for instance "OBH.zip"

2) What image where you trying to install? Because OpenPLI is sometimes not very happy to be installed in multiboot.

3) As the backup image you tried to use to reflash did not solve, I'd use a clean image and everything will get back to normal. Then might use your backup in multiboot, although backups not always work from multiboot.

4) Next time change USB flashdrive or use HDD. Some thinks is not the maximum but I've been using OMB from HDD for quite a long time and I'm satisfied and, above all, no problem with space ;)