Panic button and OpenVPN fix

Shiro

BH-C
try to place again the file S40openvpn in etc/rc3.d

This file only call /etc/init.d/openvpn at system startup

grik

Vu+ Newbie
I couldnt save on DCC that file, because it was a symlink so i deleted guessing i could create after.
Now i tried to create new Symlink with DCC with the same exact name and the call and it doesnt show up on the folder after i click OK to create

How can i create, its not a file its a symlink i couldnt save it and now i cant create it, can you give a telnet command to create one?

Last edited:

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Created:
ln -s /etc/init.d/openvpn S40openvpn

Ok i did it rebooted and now is working finally after reboot.

openvpn.png

grik

Vu+ Newbie
The VPN (server side) gives me a small error, and i think its the process starts before the transponderdate is cached on the box.
Check the logfile timestamp makes a small glitch that i wanted to be corrected on future updates. This makes a small error on VPS on start but it maintains the link

openvpn2.png

VPN (server side) error
openvpn3.png

The trick i think is to delay the openvpn start script to be run after the transpondertime is set.
Is this possible?

Shiro

BH-C
No because openvpn starts before enigma2.
Did you try to install system-time from plugin feeds ?
Maybe using it the issue could be solved.

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Im going to try, but isnt there a way to start it after enigma2 ? That would be easier.

Im going to test that plugin, but if it works we will need another plugin inside just to make another thing work.

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Ok, your the expert so i trust that.

Remmember the problem isnt solved for everyone, just for me that i created that rc3.d script. Only after that i manage to connect to vpn on reboot.