Problem launching Xbmc

Mcnulty

Vu+ Newbie
I am on BH image 2.1.7 with a vu+ Duo2, when I try to launch XBMC the screen goes black and the system gets stuck, I have to hold down the power button on the remote to get it to reboot. This is a fresh image and I haven't installed any plugins on it yet, just wondering why XMBC launcher is not working?

nunigaia

I am on BH image 2.1.7 with a vu+ Duo2, when I try to launch XBMC the screen goes black and the system gets stuck, I have to hold down the power button on the remote to get it to reboot. This is a fresh image and I haven't installed any plugins on it yet, just wondering why XMBC launcher is not working?

Has you an HDD attached to your STB ... internal or an Usb HDD ... If so, have you mapped it?

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
I have a Vu+ Duo2 with BH 2.1.7.01 and an internal 2Tb mapped HD. I have the same problem as sansiso. After trying to launch the XMBC addon the screen goes dark and the system becomes inoperative. I have to turn off the power and do a complete reboot. I have various addons installed. My system in general is working satisfactorily.
Any thoughts on this?
I found "XBMCAddons v.5.0" on the net. If I install this, will it cause extra problems or will it work?

MickyMac

Vu+ Newbie
Edit. Following nunigaia´s post #48 I deleted /.xbmc in /media/hdd root directory, rebooted and tries the XMBC launcher agian. No differce, still a hang-up

nunigaia

Edit. Following nunigaia´s post #48 I deleted /.xbmc in /media/hdd root directory, rebooted and tries the XMBC launcher agian. No differce, still a hang-up

Probably your image is corrupted and you must reflash your STB. Although you can try to upload to your STB the following plugin.py original file in your DUO2, to see if you have XBMC launcher in it.
Upload this to your STB to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Xbmc , reboot and see what´s happen.

Do it and reply.

Attachments

• Plugin_XBMC_217.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 17