Question about VLC plugin on Vu+Duo

kitsuneyo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I've read a lot about streaming video files from a PC to the VLC plugin on a Vu+ Duo. I'm not really interested in that to be honest.

What I want to do is (1) copy video files from my PC over my home network and onto the Vu+ Duo's internal hard drive, and (2) watch those video files using VLC.

Is this pretty easy to do?

It might be a really obvious question, but I don't have my Duo yet so it's all brand new to me :)

Thanks

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
You dont need Vlc because you can directly play most of files on vu duo media player.
Also you dont need transfer files from computer - you can share folder and then mount that folder on box (mount cifs).

kitsuneyo

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Zupy. Can you transfer files though? Because I mainly use a laptop and I don't like to leave it on all the time, energy conservation ;)

birdman99

Vu+ User
come on guys follow this thread on whats a matter with this forum,every bloody post stops before you learn anything,Joke

birdman99

Vu+ User
do not except what,please pay attention to what?dead end posts that get warm and then go cold>?
here we have a great begining to a thread that finishes before we can learn anything from it,and to be honest this forum is full of them.all im saying is that there are people who have the knowledge but dont share it,once there have done what there need to do there move on.im trying to get involved and move this forum on the Vu+ is a great box and lets face it this forum represents that.

dalraist

Vu+ User+++
I do agree with Steve. I too would like to know how to copy files from an external harddisk onto the internal Vu+ disk.
Same reason too.
In order to tranfer files to your STB you should use FTP Client as Filezilla or similar. That's it.
Anyways, you should introduce yourself in the right section of the Board, first.

blackspawn2

Vu+ User
Dalraist,
I remember you explaines me how to copy files (movies) from external HD (connected on Vu USB) to internal Vu HD using Telent commands.
This shoud provide the fastest transfer rate.
Can you please remind me those commands once more, I think it would be very useful for many other users.
Thank you

dalraist

Vu+ User+++
If you need, commando to transfer is:
cp /mnt/usb/filesToTransfer /hdd/targetDirectory
to create directory:
mkdir /hdd/targetDirectory
/mnt/usb depends on where you mounted external HDD.

Shiro's suggestion is good anyways and more intuitive.