Question.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
Hello from Greece.

I would like some help: I have the vu + Duo 4K satellite receiver, and I would like, from the second socket, to signal the integrated Sony AF 8 4K tv satellite receiver. I have connected the cable to the tv socket as well as to the second (bottom) socket of the satellite device, and I have selected the correct DiSEqc. But in the search he finds nothing.

This can be done? And if so, how?

Thank you very much.

Nikos

AlexWilMac

It's not clear... by "socket" do you mean the SAT tuner input?
If so, it's an input, as said, not an output.
So, if I understand your message, you'd like to bring a SAT signal to your TV: am I right? So, why all this complicated work? Use a splitter and get the sat signal to the TV. Obviously, a splitter means you can't use both devices to watch/record/PiP/stream at the same time from different polarities.

Otherwise, I misunderstood you need, please explain.

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
20210816_173920.jpg 20210816_173920.jpg
It's not clear... by "socket" do you mean the SAT tuner input?
If so, it's an input, as said, not an output.
So, if I understand your message, you'd like to bring a SAT signal to your TV: am I right? So, why all this complicated work? Use a splitter and get the sat signal to the TV. Obviously, a splitter means you can't use both devices to watch/record/PiP/stream at the same time from different polarities.

Otherwise, I misunderstood you need, please explain.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I inform you that this is how I have it now (photo below), but I would like to remove the splitter from the connection chain because it probably makes noise. I know that the receiver can act as a transit to signal the tv receiver, but I do not know exactly what adjustment I have to make (on the vu + receiver) to pass the signal.

This is what I am looking for! I repeat that I have connected the tv to the lower socket shown in photo 2 (sreenshot) ..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210816-173631_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-173631_Chrome.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 7

AlexWilMac

I've never heard of such a possibility and I'd be very, very surprised. Where did you read that? You should have a user manual along with your VU+: does it mention such a feature? Did you read about it over the Internet, in a reliable website?
I repeat: I've been using VU+ since 8 years, now and, although I'm aware of the fact that each model might be different (for instance, some have also HDMI input, mine haven't), I have never read of such a thing: they are only INPUTs.
@angelofsky1980 and other experts: what do you think?

varadero

Vu+ Newbie
I've never heard of such a possibility and I'd be very, very surprised. Where did you read that? You should have a user manual along with your VU+: does it mention such a feature? Did you read about it over the Internet, in a reliable website?
I repeat: I've been using VU+ since 8 years, now and, although I'm aware of the fact that each model might be different (for instance, some have also HDMI input, mine haven't), I have never read of such a thing: they are only INPUTs.
@angelofsky1980 and other experts: what do you think?
I understand your surprise! On the previous receiver I had (vu + duo HD), I had combined the two tuners. But I do not remember how. It worked normally !!