Record pvr kit

jocke90s

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I wonder if its possible to record tv shows when you watch another program at the same time? I use openpli 8.2. But can I Do that with pvr kit HDD?

AlexWilMac

1) This is the BlackHole forum, not the OpenPLI one.
2) You didn't tell us anything about your box and system.

Why do you need a PVR kit if you've got a box which is is also a PVR? Obviously, it depends on your tuners and LNB the chance of recording and watching at the same time.
With the appropriate hardware (whom you did not mention at all) you might record up to 12 or 16 events at the same time.
Without, only the events on the same transponder.

jocke90s

Vu+ Newbie
Oh sorry.
My box is a vu zero 4K (cable reciver)
Thats why I need a pvr kit.
Its only one tuner But transponder I dont know.
I use cable and ci + modul from tele2/comhem.

jocke90s

Vu+ Newbie
1) This is the BlackHole forum, not the OpenPLI one.
2) You didn't tell us anything about your box and system.

Why do you need a PVR kit if you've got a box which is is also a PVR?. Obviously, it depends on your tuners and LNB the chance of recording and watching at the same time.
With the appropriate hardwa (whom you did not mention at all) you might record up to 12 or 16 events at the same time.
Without, only the events on the same transponder.

My vu zero 4K cable should be 1x DVB-S2X multistream. What does that mean?

Mick12334

DVB-S2X is a satellite tuner, the multistream means that it is capable of handling multistream channels, which are available on some satellites.
If you check the vuplus website, for the VU+ Zero 4K, you will find the PVR Kit, which allows you to add a 2.5" HDD, for recording:
Code:
http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0118.php

AlexWilMac

Finally: by Zero4K and its only (normal) tuner, you can record only from the same transponder or, if you add ad DVB-T USB tuner, of course, from terrestrial.
But one normal tuner allows multiple actions from multiple channels (watching/recording/streaming) only if those channels are on the same transponder.
You, also, are not totally force to use a PVR Kit: you can use and external USB drive or stick. The PVR KIT is only a way to use the second USB embedded in every USB port. It would not be a SATA connection.
The PVR Kit would be useful only not to attach USB hubs to the only Zero4K USB port, which divides the data strream and needs extra power. HUBs are never a perfect solution.