RS232 on solo2

Alexis

Vu+ Newbie
Can u give me an answer pls?
What is the necessity of the RS232 port on VU+Solo2 without existing nfi file?
even the official site gives only usb way for update...

Alexis

Vu+ Newbie
Vu+ Util 2.0.1 works (should) with *_usb.zip files ;).

So can i install an image after i should have zipped the vuplus (/solo2/...) folder of BH-v2.0.1?
Is it consider better installation? I remember on my first receiver -Dm500s we prefer the RS232 way to flash new image.
And there is no way to erase flash (necessary?). Is there software like Vu+ Util that gives u the ability to do backup image?
Thanks u in advance.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
So can i install an image after i should have zipped the vuplus (/solo2/...) folder of BH-v2.0.1?
Is it consider better installation? I remember on my first receiver -Dm500s we prefer the RS232 way to flash new image.
And there is no way to erase flash (necessary?). Is there software like Vu+ Util that gives u the ability to do backup image?
Thanks u in advance.

No RS232 flash, only for flashing, when USB flashing didn't work.

Here is written, how to flash Vu+ boxes http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-install-images.10882/

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Thanks, paolino I know how to flash via usb, but i wonder if i can to create full backup (image) from my cpu via software (without using remote control). maybe vucc_v0.6 ?

I'm not sure about full backup by VuCC, channel settings yes.
I'm always doing a Full Backup by a box. It creates folder /vuplus/solo2/3 files, ready to be copied to USB flash for USB reflashing (image recovery).
It takes about 3 minutes to make Full Backup on my Solo2.
And about 2 minutes to reflash it into the box :lol:.

How To: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-made-personal-backup-and-full-backup.10083/

Alexis

Vu+ Newbie
I'm not sure about full backup by VuCC, channel settings yes.
I'm always doing a Full Backup by a box. It creates folder /vuplus/solo2/3 files, ready to be copied to USB flash for USB reflashing (image recovery).
It takes about 3 minutes to make Full Backup on my Solo2.
And about 2 minutes to reflash it into the box :lol:.

How To: http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-made-personal-backup-and-full-backup.10083/

If u create full backup with no hdd where the folder is being saved?
U have to delete backup folder on the next startup?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Full Backup is not flashing on startup?
It is only for restore via BH command?

Nooooo! Let's explain: You have your BH configured and well working image in your box (settings, plugins and so on) and you want to play with other images. So you will do a Full Backup (this saves you everything!) and you'll save it on safe place (PC...). You'll flash your box with for example Vu+ original image. Afterthen (atfer playing with original image) you'll decide to return to your BH. So you'll reflash with your backup done before and the box returns to conditions like it was befor in the moment of backup.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
If u create full backup with no hdd where the folder is being saved?
U have to delete backup folder on the next startup?

You can save it to USB flash or external HDD. I think, that my link confused you. Don't look on Personal Backup, but II. Full Backup

daviddrf

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, I got the same problem yesterday...I uploaded a video here (sorry for the bad quality):

The power button is ON and off 1 second after I switched it on. The ethernet port is blinking but the VFD display never turns on. I disconnected everything (internal HDD, USB ports, etc...) I tried another AC adapter with the same volts and amps but it didn't work, I got the same problem. I tried to flash it with an image in the USB port but it didn't work. I tried with Vu+ Util (2.0.1 version and an older one too) and RS232 but there's no support for this receiver (Solo2), which is incredible...I am desperated because I bought it only four months ago. Although it's still in warranty I bought here, in Spain, in a website which is in a city which is more than one thousand km. far away from my city. I contacted the shop yesterday by telephone and they want I pay the shipment costs from me to their shop and viceversa (from their shop to me), double cost. The told me also I have to wait until one month because the official repair service is in holidays now (august month). That's my story...I'm desperated.

daviddrf

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, I got the same problem yesterday...I uploaded a video here (sorry for the bad quality):

The power button is ON and off 1 second after I switched it on. The ethernet port is blinking but the VFD display never turns on. I disconnected everything (internal HDD, USB ports, etc...) I tried another AC adapter with the same volts and amps but it didn't work, I got the same problem. I tried to flash it with an image in the USB port but it didn't work. I tried with Vu+ Util (2.0.1 version and an older one too) and RS232 but there's no support for this receiver (Solo2), which is incredible...I am desperated because I bought it only four months ago. Although it's still in warranty I bought here, in Spain, in a website which is in a city which is more than one thousand km. far away from my city. I contacted the shop yesterday by telephone and they want I pay the shipment costs from me to their shop and viceversa (from their shop to me), double cost. The told me also I have to wait until one month because the official repair service is in holidays now (august month). That's my story...I'm desperated.
Hi, I received the receiver from the supplier last September the 5th for free (under warranty and no ship cost) in my home and now it works perfect. It's a pity that's there's no still RS232/COM/serial support for VU+ Solo2 nowadays (at least for public access). I hope I won't have the same problem again... See you next time and thank you.