The Q (BlackholeEdition)

Then it time to re launch The Q skin afters some consideration and good advice I decided the first version I posted did not meet the standard we hold here at VU+ Community.

So this is a new version of my skin inspired by the Sky Q STBs skin (GUI)

And as always i have lots of help and support from Team Blackhole so many thanks to you :)
Special thanks to Matrix10 who even made time for under his vacation ;)
Shiro for his good advice and Ev0 is the designer King could not have done it without you :)

But so its totally clear to all who might want to use this skin series. Team Blackhole is not responsible
for anything about this skin and don't ask them for any support. That's my work!

Skin use a few custom coded converters to imitate the SkyQ look.

After you have installed the skin time is set to 24h clock but can be changed if you with ftp
open folder /usr/share/enigma2/timeformat.txt just change 24 to 12 and save
Reboot Enigma2 and now you have 12h clock.

Skin also shows the "Top picks of the day".
But for this you need to install the Toppicks mod also attached to this post.

But now its time for some screen shots ;)

Q-FHD original colour scheme

menu.jpg channel.jpg

Q-DarkBlue darker colour scheme for those who likes that.

channelseect.jpg setup.jpg

Q-Purple-FHD the old dark purple colour scheme

Menu.jpg pvr.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how does the toppicks mod work. Its 2 scripts, slykscraper that needs to be run once per day
then there is the slykpicker that you can run every hour if you want.

Option 1

Use Blackhole Cron Manager to setup the mod to run several times per day
Then you have a vivid skin where backgrounds and top picks change every time
the BH Cron manager runs the scripts.

This is how you setup BH Cron

Press BlueButton on your Vu+ Remote and then BlueButton again to open BH Settings.
from there chose Blackhole Cron Manager.

cron1.jpg

cron2.jpg

cron3.jpg

cron4.jpg

cron6.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2

Run the toppicks mod manual from the Blackhole Script Panel.

Open BH Script Panel by pressing GreenButton on your Vu+ Remote and then BlueButton.
Run script slykscraper first and then script slykpicker to update background and Top picks.

This is also how you correct any issues if for some reason BH Cron has failed to update.

script1.jpg

script2.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-skins-q-fhd-bh_1.0_20191029_all.ipk
    4.4 MB · Views: 147
  • enigma2-plugin-skins-q-darkblue-fhd-bh_1.0_20191029_all.ipk
    5.1 MB · Views: 133
  • enigma2-plugin-skins-q-purple-fhd-bh_1.0_20191029_all.ipk
    6 MB · Views: 132
  • enigma2-plugin-extensions-toppicks_5.43_20191029_all.ipk
    328.9 KB · Views: 108

bodo1960

Vu+ User
Schöner Skin , leider kann ich nichts mehr in User Interface einstellen , da mir keine skins mehr angezeigt werden . Ansonsten geht alles.
Gruß

No its not that skin, but its based on the same Sky Q STB (GUI) like KiddaC did with his version :)
So its inspired by the same source and of cause has some simular looks since we both try to imitate the same look.

And if you look at my avatar you might rekognize it ;)

Mein Englisch ist nicht gut
User Interface not working
Gruß

my german is even worse ;)

Skin is for Blackhole only as the name of the skin tell you "The Q (BlackholeEdition)
So have you installed skin in any other Image it will not work and even crash for you.

ypeo

Vu+ Newbie
Nice skin, i will give a try.

Question: i like a lot your picons, can you tell me the source ? (i'm on Thor sat to)

Cheers

ZeljkoZep

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Thomas,
Can we expect support for HR, RS and SLO letters.
Suggestion: Increase fonts in Chanelselection line and Single EPG.
Eventually reduced to 10 Chanelselection lines.

Attachments

• HR_MissingFont.jpg
    HR_MissingFont.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 28

gbmitie

Vu+ Newbie
I have set top picks in openblackhole and used the instructions on here but skin wont update!! i have chmod at 775 etc. how do i execute the scripts manually as i dont even know if they are in fact running|

AlexWilMac

I have set top picks in openblackhole and used the instructions on here but skin wont update!! i have chmod at 775 etc. how do i execute the scripts manually as i dont even know if they are in fact running|

???? This skin, as clearly written above, is only for BH, not for OBH.

rochy64

Vu+ User
Hi, I just mounted this beautiful Skin on my Vu + Duo2 with IMG BH 3.01, I changed the timeformat.txt with 24 hours time, I wanted to know to change the days of the week that are in English where I can change ... thanks