Uno 4k configuration

adriankoooo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I ordered an Uno 4K receiver and a Twin LNB to fully utilize the FCB tuner (8 channel/8 different transponder from same satellite).

What's the correct configuration for this setup?

If am not wrong:

A tuner: single satellite 0.8W
B tuner: same as A tuner?

One more question:

Can I use in this setup a positioner /motor/? In this case I configure the A tuner normally and set B tuner as in the setup without motor?

Thanks,
Adrian

Ev0

Admin
For your twin lnb on 1 sat.

Tuner A:
Configuration mode: Single
Mode: Single
Satellite: 0.8w

Tuner B:
Either set as same as Tuner A, or use the same settings as you used for tuner A, it shouldn't make any difference.

With a motor (assuming it is usals), then set Tuner B:
Configuration mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner

Then input your longitude and latitude and if your dish is aligned correctly, you shouldn't need to do anything more, other than scan in your satellites and channels.

If you are using an old 36v motor with a v-boxII, then you need to use the advanced setting and set each satellite up separately on tuner B.

adriankoooo

Vu+ Newbie
For your twin lnb on 1 sat.

Tuner A:
Configuration mode: Single
Mode: Single
Satellite: 0.8w

Tuner B:
Either set as same as Tuner A, or use the same settings as you used for tuner A, it shouldn't make any difference.

Finally I installed without a motor, just with single LNB.

It works really great, I can record 8 channels/TP's independently.

Except...

Recording 0.8W:
Cool TV (11804 V)
HBO Hungary (11727 V)
FilmBox Family (11766 V)
The Fishing & Hunting Channel (11747 H)
History HD (12015 H)

Then these channels are not available (No free tuner):

Lifestyle TV (10716 H)
Gospel Channel Scandinavia (11357 H)
TV Visjon Norge (11357 H)

Interesting...

Ev0

Admin
You won't get 100% completely free choice of all 8 channels / TP's unless you use unicable lnb's.

The standard twin lnb, can only cope with so much.

adriankoooo

Vu+ Newbie
I thought the same, but distributor told me that it is enough a Twin LNB to watch 8 channel/TP independently.

Can we know what are the limitations when using Twin LNBs (frequency, polarization)?

Thank you

Ev0

Admin
A twin lnb will allow you to watch 8 different channels / TP's but there are limitations.

I don't know the exact limitations i'm afraid, but hopefully someone else will reply with the answer.

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
van the Uno 4k work with standard universal LNB and motor?
With only a single cable standard setup (not unicable) can it record 2 channels at the same time as it has fbc TUNNERS?
Can tuner b be looped to tuner A?
Is there a Black Hole Image that can be used and which one?

sabril

Vu+ Newbie
HI I HAVE THIS NEW BOX WATS THE POINT TO RECORD 8 CHANNELS ????? NOT INTERESSE YOU CAN RECORD 1/2 IS OK AND WATCH ANOTHER AS MUST THE PROGRAM REPEAT 2/3 TIMES EVERY WEEKS MUST THE TIME NEVER WATCH WAT THEY RECORD ????

adriankoooo

Vu+ Newbie
"van the Uno 4k work with standard universal LNB and motor?"
-I don't understand the question. If you ask that it can work with a simple LNB + motor. Yes it can.

"With only a single cable standard setup (not unicable) can it record 2 channels at the same time as it has fbc TUNNERS?"
Yes, even more (I think 4 channel per input), but you are limited to channel polarisation.

"Can tuner b be looped to tuner A?"
Yes.

I suggest you to buy a Twin LNB (two output), basically you can use your FBC tuner to 99%. You are limited to only HIGH/LOW band, but providers usually uses only one band.

For example: when I am recording on 0.8W 4-5 channel from U*C provider, then some Scandinavian channels are not available.

Tururu

BH Lover
I thought the same, but distributor told me that it is enough a Twin LNB to watch 8 channel/TP independently.
Can we know what are the limitations when using Twin LNBs (frequency, polarization)?
Thank you
Para funcionar con los 8 canales con un solo cable, la limitacion es: Misma banda y polaridad.
Si pones un LNB doble/twin si tienes mas libertad.
Cable al tuner A y cable al Tuner B.
El resto de tuner estaria en automatico.

Puedes por ejemplo grabar hasta 7 canales en el tuner A y otro de distinta banda y polaridad en el tuner B.
Tambien 4 de una banda/polaridad y otros 4 de otra banda y polaridad.
Asi hasta 1 del tuner A y 7 del Tuner B.

Funciona igual si pones Tuner A con la antena fija y en el Tuner B pones una antena con motor/posicionador, si necesita la otra banda y polaridad, posiciona la antena en el mismo satelite para dar el servicio.
Verificado en el VU+Solo4K que tiene los mismos 8 tuner FBC (Tuner A y Tuner B).
----------------------
To work with the 8 channels with a single cable, the limitation is: Same band and polarity.
If you put a double/twin LNB you have more freedom.
Connection to Tuner A and Connection to Tuner B.
The rest of tuner would be in automatic.
You can, for example, record up to 7 channels on the tuner A and another on a different band and polarity on the tuner B.
Also 4 of a band/polarity and another 4 of another band and polarity.
Thus up to 1 of tuners A and 7 of Tuner B.
It works the same if you put Tuner A with the fixed antenna and in the Tuner B you put an antenna with motor/positioner, if you need the other band and polarity, position the antenna on the same satellite to give the service.
Checked on the VU + Solo4K that has the same 8 FBC tuner (Tuner A and Tuner B).

Madzo

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks guys for explaining this up.I have the Vu+ Uno 4k too,and exactly the same twin lnb configuration.
Just wondering how does it work.If per example, i watch one channel on my Tv and want to connect to a different one at the same time from remote location (external ip address) using my OpenWebif.
How does the box know which tuner to use?To not request two connections from the same receiver/lnb?
Or is there any special settings i need to apply in this case?
Sorry if this question is silly, i am just a newbie with linux boxes.

Thanks a lot!

Tururu

BH Lover
With a double LNB and with 2 wires/cables of descent, one cable in each tuner, one to the A and another to the B.
You can tune 2 bands and 2 polarities enter all tuner (8) that has the equipment.

Each channel is referenced in the list of channels (lamedb) and the receiver manages it without more.
It's like giving the light / electricity contract reference, the company has all your data.:lol:
--------------
Con un LNB doble y con 2 hilos/cables de bajada, un cable en cada tuner, uno al A y otro al B.
Puedes sintonizar 2 bandas y 2 polaridades enter todos los tuner (8) que tiene el equipo.

Cada canal esta referenciado en la lista de canales (lamedb) y el receptor lo gestiona sin mas.
Es como dar la referencia del contrato de la luz/electricidad, la empresa tiene todos tus datos.:lol: