Using my paid Sky card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogbrush

Vu+ Newbie
Hope this doesn't count as a card sharing issue and sorry if it's a noob question.
I've got my box Vu+ Solo 2 set up with OpenVix image and have installed enigma2-plugin-cams-*****.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk, plus an empty *****.cfg file.
Everything seems relatively easy so far - no major tantrums yet :wallbash:. Going to have a go at using my Sky+ paid for card tomorrow, and reasonably confident that I have followed the tutorials in regard to inserting my boxkey into the .cfg file.
More general question though is that I will still have a use for my Skybox. It's a DRX895 with 1.5TB HDD so I'm not going to discard it. I'll keep it primarily for the children's recordings etc. Obviously I need to keep the viewing card in the Skybox for it to be of any use for the children and I will use the Vu+ mainly for French tv. However is it possible to still use my settings to get my Sky subscription services in the Vu+ without the card being physically in the slot?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hope this doesn't count as a card sharing issue and sorry if it's a noob question.
I've got my box Vu+ Solo 2 set up with OpenVix image and have installed enigma2-plugin-cams-*****.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk, plus an empty *****.cfg file.
Everything seems relatively easy so far - no major tantrums yet :wallbash:. Going to have a go at using my Sky+ paid for card tomorrow, and reasonably confident that I have followed the tutorials in regard to inserting my boxkey into the .cfg file.
More general question though is that I will still have a use for my Skybox. It's a DRX895 with 1.5TB HDD so I'm not going to discard it. I'll keep it primarily for the children's recordings etc. Obviously I need to keep the viewing card in the Skybox for it to be of any use for the children and I will use the Vu+ mainly for French tv. However is it possible to still use my settings to get my Sky subscription services in the Vu+ without the card being physically in the slot?

Please, Read Forum Rules! You are on wrong place to talk about cams! And about OpenVix too.

Status
Not open for further replies.