vbox ii problem,any solution???

kostassatcom

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,to forum,i have a problem to my connection vbox-duo2(last image).
I have install an antenna op150s with polar mount connected with 24inch actuator --- moteck vbox ii (is not near to the duo2)because i have not left in my house 4x1 cable for the sensor and power(M1,M2).My problem is:I download the Vhannibal motor list,and i begin to install the satellites one by one. according to:
How to setup Vu+ with VBox II DiSEqC 1.2 Positioner.

If your VBox II already has the satellite positions stored and your changing from an old receiver to Vu+ then follow this procedure.

Write down your VBox II satellite position numbers. These are the numbers displayed on the front of the VBox II when moving to a
specific satellite position. These position numbers can also be found in your old receivers motor setup menu. Or FTP to /etc/enigma2/settings.

Example lets say...
Position 1 on VBox II = Astra 19e
Position 2 on VBox II = Eutelsat W2 16e
Position 3 on VBox II = Hotbird 13e

You get the idea...

First send the dish to Astra 19e using Vbox II.

On Vu+ Remote Press Menu
Select Setup Press OK
Select Service Searching Press OK
Select Tuner configuration Press OK
Select Tuner A Press OK

Now set Configuration Mode to Advanced. Use Left or Right keys on remote to select.

Code:

Configuration Mode: Advanced
Satellite: Astra 19e
LNB: 1
DiSEqC mode: 1.2
Scroll down to botton of the page with the down arrow on remote.

Stored position: 001

Press OK to store.

OK that's Astra 19e setup now to setup Eutelsat W2 16e

Now send the dish to Eutelsat 16E using Vbox II.

Select Setup Press OK
Select Tuner A Press OK

Code:

Satellite: Eutelsat W2 16e
LNB: 2

Stored position: 002

Press OK to store.

OK that's Eutelsat W2 16e setup now to setup Hotbird 13e

Now send dish to Hotbird using Vbox II

Select Setup Press OK
Select Tuner A Press OK

Code:

Satellite: Hotbird 13e
LNB: 3

Stored position: 003

Press OK to store.

You get the idea, now repeat for the rest of the satellites and your done.

I did it that,but when i choose a satellite the receiver doesn’t turn the dish,to any satellite.What is the wrong????

Last edited by a moderator:

nunigaia

Hello,to forum,i have a problem to my connection vbox-duo2(last image).
I have install an antenna op150s with polar mount connected with 24inch actuator --- moteck vbox ii (is not near to the duo2)because i have not left in my house 4x1 cable for the sensor and power(M1,M2).My problem is:I download the Vhannibal motor list,and i begin to install the satellites one by one. according to:
How to setup Vu+ with VBox II DiSEqC 1.2 Positioner.

If your VBox II already has the satellite positions stored and your changing from an old receiver to Vu+ then follow this procedure.

Write down your VBox II satellite position numbers. These are the numbers displayed on the front of the VBox II when moving to a
specific satellite position. These position numbers can also be found in your old receivers motor setup menu. Or FTP to /etc/enigma2/settings.

Example lets say...
Position 1 on VBox II = Astra 19e
Position 2 on VBox II = Eutelsat W2 16e
Position 3 on VBox II = Hotbird 13e

You get the idea...

First send the dish to Astra 19e using Vbox II.

On Vu+ Remote Press Menu
Select Setup Press OK
Select Tuner A Press OK

Now set Configuration Mode to Advanced. Use Left or Right **** on remote to select.

Code:

Satellite: Astra 19e

Stored position: 001

Press OK to store.

OK that's Astra 19e setup now to setup Eutelsat W2 16e

Now send the dish to Eutelsat 16E using Vbox II.

Select Setup Press OK
Select Tuner A Press OK

Code:

Satellite: Eutelsat W2 16e
LNB: 2

Stored position: 002

Press OK to store.

OK that's Eutelsat W2 16e setup now to setup Hotbird 13e

Now send dish to Hotbird using Vbox II

Select Setup Press OK
Select Tuner A Press OK

Code:

Satellite: Hotbird 13e
LNB: 3

Stored position: 003

Press OK to store.

You get the idea, now repeat for the rest of the satellites and your done.

I did it that,but when i choose a satellite the receiver doesn’t turn the dish,to any satellite.What is the wrong????

Have you setted up before, the limits of satelite arc ---> West and East Limits, if not, you must do so!

Best regards
nunigaia

Mick12334

The settings on VU+ receiver have to match your V-Box II, so if 19.2E is 001, on your V-Box II, then it has to be the same on your receiver.
If not it should send the dish to a different satellite.

First do you have a satellite signal, from the satellite your dish is currently pointing at? If so you know that the LNB is connected correctly to your V-Box II, and your cable, from the V-Box II, to your receiver is working.

Next check to see if your receiver can drive the motor, go into Menu, Setup, System Searching and Positioner Setup.
Select either positioner movement, or positioner fine movement, then press the green/yellow buttons to see if the motor moves East/West. Be careful not to move it too far, on Positioner Setup, as it will not stop searching until you press the green/yellow button to stop it.
If it doesn't move the motor check your V-Box II can still move the motor.
If the V-Box II can check if you have accidentally set up motor limits, on your receiver. If you haven't try replacing the cable, from your V-Box II to your receiver, or re-do the cable connectors.

kostassatcom

Vu+ Newbie
thanks for the responding.
1.i have set the limits but not from the receiver,i set them from the vbox and from the mechanism of the actuator.
2.i can drive the dish from the receiver.and i have signal,i can drive to all the sats (45w-90e) with signal.but i cannot move the dish to each sat,after saving them.
3.The settings on VU+ receiver have to match your V-Box II, so if 19.2E is 001, on your V-Box II, then it has to be the same on your receiver.
this step i have not done it,how i will know which position have the satellites in vbox??

nunigaia

thanks for the responding.
1.i have set the limits but not from the receiver,i set them from the vbox and from the mechanism of the actuator.
2.i can drive the dish from the receiver.and i have signal,i can drive to all the sats (45w-90e) with signal.but i cannot move the dish to each sat,after saving them.
3.The settings on VU+ receiver have to match your V-Box II, so if 19.2E is 001, on your V-Box II, then it has to be the same on your receiver.
this step i have not done it,how i will know which position have the satellites in vbox??

Hi kostasatcom,

There are two limits you can do ...

1) Actuator limits

2) Vbox limits

With disecq 1.2 set on ... everything upon setting up ... are controlled by your STB.

I don´t know if your VBOX III positioner is an IBEROSAT, MOTECK, or CLARKTECH, but they are very similiars, regarding the software and operation.

I joined on attachment a CLARKTECH Manual, thar would help you to make some settings.

Note:

1) Set the open limits and limite your actuator to min and max arc sat.

2) Set in your VBox the East and West limits ( Low and Max limit ) ---> The arc i suggest that has minus apperture than the limits you did on your actuator limits ( why: because you will have double protection limits OPEN and CLOSED, i.e., Máx and Min apperture of your actuator ).

3) Transfer by FTP your settings to your STB.

4) Go --> To setup and correct the LNB1 .... LNB2 .... LNB3 .... and so on ----> position by control on your STB. ( STORING each SAT position ).

If you begin at the more EAST sat ... you can number your sat positions on your VBOX ... by 1...... East to ......99 ..... West, but this is not significant.

Hope i have helped you

best regards
nunigaia

Attachments

• vbox7-manual.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 43

Mick12334

You need to make a note, of the satellite positions, stored on your V-Box II.
Use your V-Box II to send your dish to a position, like 01, then check on your receiver which satellite you are on and note it down, do the same with 02, and all other satellites.
Once you have stored the satellites, on your VU+ receiver, go into the menu, system searching, and select Automatic Scan, this will automatically send your dish to the stored satellites and scan for the channels. Once done it should work automatically, when you select a channel your dish should move to the correct satellite, providing you have correctly noted the positions on the V-Box II.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
I set up my v box 11 using the poitioner set up on the duo. Just put the frequency in of a known chanell for the sat then search with the duo fine tune then store as that sat ...ie 19e store as 19 and so on 4.8 east I called 48 and 7 west 77 as you have 7e . you need to put in your longtitude and latitude settings. Dont forget at the end of the setup on the duo where it says chose usuals for this sat ......set to no.

scouser

Vu+ Newbie
If you follow the instructions above works fine that is how I set mine up and all is good, only set limits once you have all your sats loaded into vbox II, but you do not have to set limits if you don`t want to.

nunigaia

you dont have to set software limits .......as long as the mechanical limits on the dish are set.

Excuse me, but i don´t agree with you, setting mechanical limits ( actuactor ) and doubled ( on positioner by software ) is better. If you don´t think so, read the manual i post above and see!

best regards
nunigaia

jrbmw

Vu+ User
I was replying to scouser about the software limits and saying if the software ones are not set the mechanical ones must be ............Of course you should set both. Ideally this should be done before you start searching for the sats so the dish doesent get damaged.

kostassatcom

Vu+ Newbie
Good morning to all.Thanks for your usefully replies!!Now i can fully control my vbox-dish (50-70m far away from receiver).What i have done:
First of all i didnt put limits on receiver.
1.I changed the sensor cables in the vbox (I dont know that that has any sense,but it worked.)I think the one is power and one is ground.
2.The second step,is from receiver.For example,I download the vhannibal motor settigs,after,i am going to advance mode,
Satellite: Hispasat 19e
LNB: 1 (I SELCT ONLY 1 IN ALL SATS)

Stored position: 080 I do that because this number does not exist in vbox.

Press OK to store.
After i select one channel on hispasat ,i am going to rotor set up in menu .i find the hispasat,and i store the position 60.(I have not noticed that there you can store number of your wish sat.!!!)
After i am going back and i store the same position (60)there (80)before.

This works for all sats.You can move the dish with the receiver,without any command on vbox.
3.The problem that i have now is,the vhannibal sat list, two sats have different name (4.8E and 21.6E) with the sat write on advance mode in receiver.(SES 5) this has a result that i cannot store these sats in tuner of duo2.It will work if i change the names of the sat.How i will do that???Is it possible to change names??????

nunigaia

I was replying to scouser about the software limits and saying if the software ones are not set the mechanical ones must be ............Of course you should set both. Ideally this should be done before you start searching for the sats so the dish doesent get damaged.

Thanks for your reply
best regards

nunigaia

nunigaia

Good morning to all.Thanks for your usefully replies!!Now i can fully control my vbox-dish (50-70m far away from receiver).What i have done:
First of all i didnt put limits on receiver.
1.I changed the sensor cables in the vbox (I dont know that that has any sense,but it worked.)I think the one is power and one is ground.
2.The second step,is from receiver.For example,I download the vhannibal motor settigs,after,i am going to advance mode,
Satellite: Hispasat 19e
(I SELCT ONLY 1 IN ALL SATS)

Stored position: 080 I do that because this number does not exist in vbox.

Press OK to store.
After i select one channel on hispasat ,i am going to rotor set up in menu .i find the hispasat,and i store the position 60.(I have not noticed that there you can store number of your wish sat.!!!)
After i am going back and i store the same position (60)there (80)before.

This works for all sats.You can move the dish with the receiver,without any command on vbox.
3.The problem that i have now is,the vhannibal sat list, two sats have different name (4.8E and 21.6E) with the sat write on advance mode in receiver.(SES 5) this has a result that i cannot store these sats in tuner of duo2.It will work if i change the names of the sat.How i will do that???Is it possible to change names??????

In any case the Vbox III has two output regarding 36 V Dc --> suggestion: check if you have connected to Motor + and Motor - the Black and Red lines ( cause the section at minimal 0,5 mm2 ), the sensor and pulse don´t need such section.

If the dish move as you want ( let it on as is ), otherwise, if you go to a more EAST sat and the dish moves to WEST, just change the lines Motor + and Motor - .

Note: Upon set limits on actuator, i suggest that you set limits on receiver ( or your positioner VBOX III ), in that way, you"ll have double protection. ( This is at your consideration ), cause to not overload charging positioner and to not scratch your dish.

Best regards
nunigaia

Mick12334

Hispasat is 30W, Astra 1 is 19.2E.
It might be better to do your own lists, using Dreamboxedit, you can find guides on the forum.
You shouldn't mess with your wires, on your V-Box II, once set up, except for the Motor+, Motor- options. The wires are generally not colour coded, so any wire can, in theory, connect to any position. The only way to be sure is to check the wiring, at your motor, making a note of which wire is connected to Motor +, Motor -, Ground, and sensor/pulse.
Once connected correctly you test the motor, if the dish moves East, when selecting West, you change the M+, and M-, wires round, at the V-Box II.