vu+ duo help

cro69

Vu+ Newbie
i reflashed my vu+duo with a new image today and its not booting up ive reflashed it 4 times with 4 different images to get it to boot up but no go!!! its stuck in starting mode and thats as far as it goes any ideas what else to do???ive disconnected the hard drive to see if that makes any difference but same no change stuck in start up!!!!help me guys please?

Mito

Administrator
i reflashed my vu+duo with a new image today and its not booting up ive reflashed it 4 times with 4 different images to get it to boot up but no go!!! its stuck in starting mode and thats as far as it goes any ideas what else to do???ive disconnected the hard drive to see if that makes any difference but same no change stuck in start up!!!!help me guys please?
You can try to flash your Vu+ by VuUtil, using a serial cable.

Software: VuUtil
How to flash by serial: Usage-of-VuUtil

cro69

Vu+ Newbie
ive tried that it didnt work either, it says serial open success,turn on box i did that but then nothing happens it fails to find the box!!!any other suggestions???to me serial port is only serial point so why do you need it connected to ethernet port too???dreamup only worked with serial port/null modem cable or ethernet why does this one need both connected????i think my box is kaput unless someone can help me!!!!:mad:

Mito

Administrator
ive tried that it didnt work either, it says serial open success,turn on box i did that but then nothing happens it fails to find the box!!!any other suggestions???to me serial port is only serial point so why do you need it connected to ethernet port too???dreamup only worked with serial port/null modem cable or ethernet why does this one need both connected????i think my box is kaput unless someone can help me!!!!:mad:
You need to use both cable:
Before running the Vu+ util software, please connect PC with VuPlus STB by a serial cable.
And make sure that VuPlus STB is connected to local network by ethernet cable.

cro69

Vu+ Newbie
i did all that and the box dosnt respond!!!!any other ideas guys?or is my 3 month old box history????

Mito

Administrator
i did all that and the box dosnt respond!!!!any other ideas guys?or is my 3 month old box history????
If you can't flash the box not even using VuUtil, probably your box has a hardware problem.
I think you have to contact your seller for repairing your Vu+Duo.