Duo / DuoLE Vu-duo is Dead

snellie1972

Vu+ Newbie
Can somebody help me my vu-duo only shows a red light and i cannot flash the box not by USB and not with the VU-Util tool neither can i use putty

Thanks in advance

tobler

Vu+ User
already tried to disconnect it from the main power for 1 minute then reconnect it?
(without use the duo on-off switch)

datainfo1

Vu+ Newbie
Can somebody help me my vu-duo only shows a red light and i cannot flash the box not by USB and not with the VU-Util tool neither can i use putty

Thanks in advance
We need more information, maybe I or some in the forum might be able to help you if we have more information on what has fully happened to your Vu+Duo box to make it only show a red light. :confused:

tobler

Vu+ User
my duo, using the duo power switch often starts in that "locked" mode (red led)
doesn't matter how long i wait from off to on state
for that i suggested that test

is not a problem, i'm using a multiple sockets plug with a switch that i use as well for the usb hub power supply
(in true with a little modification for exclude problems with fast blackouts and since that day all fine and perfect)

snellie1972

Vu+ Newbie
Well i tried to flash to flash the box trough USB with the bh 1.6.6 version after that the screen stays black then i saw that ik had to put in a new boot loader after that the box is dead ( sorry for my english )

Thanks in advance

a911

The BH Lover
i have tried to upgrade the bootloader but on the vu-duo there is still a red light nothing more

For the moment , I would recommend to go for BH 1.6.5 (USB)

-shut down from the back of STB then insert USB @ front.
- Then turn on STB (power on from the back)
- wait , read instruction on the front display.
-Turn off and on the STB to all rebooting ( No USB @ front or the back)

,,,and see what would happen!

Remember to remove all USB and INTERNET connection from the back!

snellie1972

Vu+ Newbie
For the moment , I would recommend to go for BH 1.6.5 (USB),,,and see what would happen!
Remember to remove all USB and internet connection from the back!

My problem is that it will not flash trough USB or trough vu-util so that would,nt work

snellie1972

Vu+ Newbie
I have a serial NULL modem so i hookedup the vu duo made a hyperterminal connection on 115200 baudrate on com1 then i turned on the vu -duo but nothing happens

rassi

Vu+ User
I have a serial NULL modem so i hookedup the vu duo made a hyperterminal connection on 115200 baudrate on com1 then i turned on the vu -duo but nothing happens

You are sure that it is COM1?
Try COM2 also, you should see something on Hyperterminal/putty when you put power on in the Vu.