Duo / DuoLE Vu-duo is Dead

Mick12334

Check for a local TV repair shop, they usually do it quite cheaply, or a Computer repair shop, after all it is only a circuit board.
It might even be cheaper to find one outside your area, as no doubt the shop rents/rates are expensive, which might explain the £50 charge, which might be a minimum charge.
If you decide to try it yourself the easy method is to cut the faulty capacitors legs, near to the capacitor, then solder the new one onto those legs. This not only makes it easier but prevents damage to the board.

danyul organ

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick12334,

Findiing that local TV repair shop is a far bigger challenge than I thought it would be. There seem to be very few of them in existence any longer. Hours searching through Google for a repair shop able to solder the regulator anywhere in the UK has so far turned up this single result.

I've managed to sollder the capacitor in the way you describe, but the same fault condition persists, and soldering the regulator is beyond my capabilities.

danyul organ

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick12334 and a911, I think targeting computer repair shops is my best option. And of-course they are a dime a dozen. I will report progress here

andymc1

Vu+ Newbie
thanks to all who have posted advice on this thread i was able to resolve the red light only problem on my duo by swapping out c 807 capacitor for a 330uf 50v 105c cap from maplins stock code N89KF which cost 89cent.
Thanks to you good people I am looking forward to the new football season.

catshoop

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all, new info for dead vu+ duo, old one.
C807 for startup, and C801 100uF 16v.

For channel no hi band 12015Mhz in another post.

Catshoop.

Mick12334

Try manually scanning them in, Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Manual Scan, make sure you enter all the details correctly, including DVB-S2 and either 8PSk, or QPSK.

tazkhan13

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks guys!!!!
Replaced the C807 with one from my old sky box 25v 330. Done the trick perfectly. If I see this post, I probably would've bought a new box.

Gurpreet

Vu+ Newbie
Dear if not hardware repaird so i want to buy this box my location moga punjab india and watsup number REMOVED plz conect with me

Last edited by a moderator: