VU+ DUO2 Motor only drives east

jackary

Vu+ Newbie
I have recently brought a VU+DUO2 which when I first set it up worked very well. The Motor would move the satellite from 28.2 degrees east to 36degrees west capturing many satellites in between with usals. I updated it from version 215 to 216.1 and this seemed to create the problem where the dish will only be moved west by the motor. To get the dish to move east I can only manually move the dish using the east/west button on the Technomate 2300 motor. I have reflashed the receiver back to version 215 but the problem still exists. I am not an expert here but have gone as carefully as possible to follow instructions from this site and others. I have set the coordinates accurately and tried various tuner settings. When I connected an old receiver in place the dish moved in both directions when instructed. What am I doing wrong? Is the tuner working correctly?
Best Regards
Alan

Mick12334

Can you please check if you can move the dish West using the manual options, in your receivers menu:
Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Positioner Setup.
And use the buttons, on your remote, to move it West.
The fact that your other receiver is able to move the motor, normally, tends to suggest that the cable might be at fault, a loose connection, or something. The first thing, I would have thought of, was that you had set a software limit, for West, but this would only stop it at that point.
How many tuners, do you have, on your VU+ Duo 2, and how have you got them configured?
Are you using a twin output LNB, 2 outputs, quad, 4 outputs, or just a single LNB?

jackary

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for replying, I have been playing with the settings ( is that the right term?) and only after downloading some satellite settings the dish now seems to move to the east and west at the buttons on my remote. I have two tuners, one (A) is set a as simple for usals and B is set as expert for 28.2 degrees. The dish will not stay at the same position though. If I set it at 28.2 degrees save this position as 1 then go to manual search it moves a few degrees west. So to be able to search this satellite I have instead reset the tuner A to expert at 28.2 degrees to stop it moving west. I realise something is not set right but what?
Best Regards
Alan

Mick12334

Sounds like you haven't entered your Latitude, & Longitude, correctly, remember negative Longitude readings = West, positive = East.
You don't need to use the Expert option, for a Fixed Dish, you can just use the Simple, and mode set to single.
Check with sites, like dishpointer.com, to get an accurate Latitude, and Longitude, reading.

jackary

Vu+ Newbie
Sounds like you haven't entered your Latitude, & Longitude, correctly, remember negative Longitude readings = West, positive = East.
You don't need to use the Expert option, for a Fixed Dish, you can just use the Simple, and mode set to single.
Check with sites, like dishpointer.com, to get an accurate Latitude, and Longitude, reading.

I reflashed the receiver back to 215, then set it at the manufacturers settings and after a bit of fiddling around it began to work correctly. I entered the position coordinates correctly as I had done before and now it seems to be working as before. What seemed to create this problem was when I updated to version 216.01 but how this happened is a mystery to me. Thank you all for your helpful replies.
Alan

a943b

Vu+ Newbie
not my friend look at this youtube video VID 20140308 215700

Attachments

• VID 20140308 215700 (1).rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 71

Mick12334

I have owned a genuine VU+ Duo 2 for over a year, without a single problem, and find it to be one of the best satellite receivers I've ever owned.
Because i have a 36v motor I have to use Diseqc 1.2, not USALS, but once set up, with a V-Box II, and using the advanced tuner configuration, it works perfectly, as other owners will testify.
If you have a problem, with your receiver, might I suggest you contact your supplier.

Mick12334

Just looked at your video, which makes very little sense, apart from showing a white light.
You are holding down the front power button, on the receiver, which you do when trying to load an image, or bootloader, from a USB stick, but there is no sign, of the USB stick, in the front USB port, which is where the manufacturers recommend loading the image, unless you're using one of the rear USB ports.