VU+ Duo2 Tuners question

Helvetica

Vu+ Newbie
Our VU+ Duo2 has two tuners, A and B.
Our dish is a 1.5m 35v powered motorized dish, so we do not use the normal Diseq settings.
The sat cable comes from the dish into a SuperTrack Positioner and from there into the LNB IN socket of Tuner A.

(I originally wanted to use Tuner B for terrestrial TV but it never worked).

So we have two Tuner LNB IN sockets (for Tuner A and Tuner B) and beneath those, two LOOP OUT sockets (for Tuner A and Tuner B).

Tuner A is type DVB-S and is the one we use to watch Sat TV.
When I look in Menu..Devices, it tells me that Tuner B is type DVB-T ("C/T")
Does that mean that a loop through from LOOP OUT (Tuner A) to LNB IN (Tuner B) would not work as a second DVB-S ?
(I am trying to avoid having to use the setting ZAP STB ON when I use the VU+TV App on my IPad).

AlexWilMac

Of course not: if it's a terrestrial one, how can ever been used as a sat one?
And if tuner B it's really a DVB-C/T one, how is possible you wouldn't be able to use it as a terrestrial? If you don't have cable providers, I hope you switched it to work as DVB-T/T2, because the default option is DVB-C.
What image (the operative system of these Enigma2 STBs) are you using in your VU+?

Helvetica

Vu+ Newbie
Image version is 5.3.039, I know I should probably update it, but I've been too busy....
>how is possible you wouldn't be able to use it as a terrestrial?
Perhaps I worded it wrong - We don't have cable TV and there are no terrestrial TV channels (i.e. reception via the old roof antennas) any more here. So it was never in use. And yes, it was set to DVB-T/T2.
So - just for interest - what does one use the LOOP from Tuner A to Tuner B for ?

Mick12334

I assume that you are running OpenVix 5.3.039. Have you checked the terrestrial.xml file, to see if it contains the correct frequencies, for your country/region?
Can you take a picture, of your two tuners, and upload it to the forum?
For example:
vuduo2_reartuners.jpg

nunigaia

Image version is 5.3.039, I know I should probably update it, but I've been too busy....
>how is possible you wouldn't be able to use it as a terrestrial?
Perhaps I worded it wrong - We don't have cable TV and there are no terrestrial TV channels (i.e. reception via the old roof antennas) any more here. So it was never in use. And yes, it was set to DVB-T/T2.
So - just for interest - what does one use the LOOP from Tuner A to Tuner B for ?

Why setting it, when you have no signal for DVB-T/T2 services?

Forget the Loop-Out of the Cable Tuner, as it works only to connect to another RF-IN for another Tuner or Receiver that has a similar Tuner or equal!

best regards
nunigaia

Helvetica

Vu+ Newbie
Mick - I will try to take a photo but it will be a helluva job, because the tuner is at the bottom of a stack of devices - dvd player, spare receiver (Dreambox), dish positioner.. and it is only a couple of inches from the wall in a corner.
However, using a torch and a mirror, I can now see that the four sockets are as follows:
Far left top: LNB IN
Far left bottom: LOOP OUT
Second from left top: RF IN
Second from left bottom: LOOP OUT

I didn't realise that the second was RF IN, and not another LNB IN. I've never needed the second one until now.
That means that the shop which sold me our VU+ obviously did not listen when I ordered it with 2x LNB tuners, and sold me one with 1 LNB tuner and 1 RF tuner...
So it looks like I will have to keep the VU+TV App set to ZAP STB: ON.

Last edited:

Mick12334

RF in is for your roof aerial, connected with a coax plug:
male coax plug.jpg

All electronic devices, especially the VU+ Duo 2, requires good airflow, to keep them cool, and at a decent operating temperature, so I trust you have good spacers, between each device, and plenty of airflow.

My VU+ Duo 2 came with two LNB inputs, as in the picture above, as I thought they all did, as standard, unless you requested a LNB loop out, tom link into your dreambox, or other satellite receiver.

Helvetica

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, each device is separated by 2" high spacers. When I ordered the VU I told the seller I needed 2 LNB INs, in case the motor of our dish packed up one day and I could add a second dish whilst my husband took the motor off to fix it. Good job it never happened (touch wood).
I am really annoyed about that, and of course I didn't check when we received the VU, I was too excited and eager to install it and set it up (with help from my clever son-in-law).

nunigaia

Yes, each device is separated by 2" high spacers. When I ordered the VU I told the seller I needed 2 LNB INs, in case the motor of our dish packed up one day and I could add a second dish whilst my husband took the motor off to fix it. Good job it never happened (touch wood).
I am really annoyed about that, and of course I didn't check when we received the VU, I was too excited and eager to install it and set it up (with help from my clever son-in-law).

Can you please, to despite, post a photo from the back of your Ultimo4k STB?

best regards
nunigaia

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Once it seems difficult to access the DUO2 (at your back) it will be enough to open the OpenWebif go to Box Info and make a Print Screen by placing this one.

rHKgqr2.png