VU+ integration with Android TV

Kuky

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

Here is my problem:
I want to use a Nvidia Shield TV Pro running Android TV as a mediacenter connected to a projector.
I want somehow to be able to browse and watch my cable channels from the Shield interface, I am especially interested to see the channels which require a CI/PCMCIA card as they are paid/encrypted channels.

It is easy to integrate an USB TV tuner into Nvidia Shield using Live Channels, but there is a catch. There are NO usb tv tuners with CI/PCMCIA card slot!!! Or atleast I was not able to find one.

I found out that VU+ Zero 4K (with DVB-C tuner) has this magic CI/PCMCIA card slot and apparently there is listed in the Google Play Store an application called Vu+ PlayerHD for AndroidTV.

Has anyone been able to test this app in any Android TV device? There are literally zero references of this app in Google searches or in this forum which is a little bit confusing.

Also maybe there is an alternate way of integrating VU+ with Android TV, maybe the VU+ broadcasting through network the channels and some type of app in Android is able to see them???

Also there is any kind of restriction for the encrypted channels to be broadcasted on the network from the VU+ device??

Thank you,
Cristian

I would install the dream Player app for enigma2 devices on your Nvidia Shield TV Pro and stream all channels from your Vu+ Zero 4K
Comments about CI+ modules are against the forum rules, But let's say it like this. If your Common Interface is CI then all works just fine
If not then use the Google function.

But Vu+ has a very nice Android unit you should checkout. Price is good and cheap compare to the Nvidia Shield.

YAY GO PRO BOX Streaming Box
YAY-BOX-PRO_01_ANW.jpg

Here is the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.cyberdream.dreamepg.tv.player&hl=en_IN