vu+ultimo 4k ? blinscan

chistera

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone
I have to buy the vu + ultimo 4k by what on the record it says and it does the blindscan which and not the case still had you info if an image blackole the fact, or had you info of the te @m vu + for what and blindscan thanks

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Will the Blindscan plugin ever work with the FBC tuners, or is that not possible?

meekey.

AlexWilMac

As far as I know, there is no incompatibility, for itself, between FBC and B.S.
I've got a Solo4K (with FBC tuners, of course) and B.S works under BH (not under OBH, at the moment).

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Thanx Alex for your quick reply. I have 4 FBC tuners in my Ultimo 4k using the latest Blackhole image and the Blindscan plugin never works.

meekey.

AlexWilMac

I'll ask a friend with the Ultimo 4K, then. Surely, also the image has a role because, as I saw, in my Solo4K it works only B.S. for BH.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
I notice on the Blackhole online updates there`s always a mention of Blindscan support for Zero 4K. But nothing for the Ultimo 4k.

meekey.

Ev0

Admin
Blindscan is controlled by Vu+, so nothing we can do about it.

Zero4K does not use FBC tuners.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
I've got a Solo4K (with FBC tuners, of course) and B.S works under BH
I checked the date but there's still plenty of time, so this can't be a April fools joke! ;)
I assume by "it works" you meant that it starts, scans but can't find anything, as opposed to OBH where it doesn't even start.
As a result, blind scan 'does.not.work' with FBC tuners by Vu+ (yet) as Ev0 stated. I also have a Solo 4K and know very well that it doesn't work (as it should) neither with BH nor with any other image, unless you have a second 'standard dvb-s2' tuner plugged in the other slot.

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
Yeah Blindscan doesn`t even start on mine and I was confused by Alex post , "I've got a Solo4K (with FBC tuners, of course) and B.S works under BH". His signature says he has " VU+Solo 4K * * * 5 tuners (2 DVB-S2, 2 DVB-T2, DVB-T2 USB)
VU+Duo2 * * * 5 tuners". So he only has standard DVB-s2 tuners.

meekey.

AlexWilMac

Yeah Blindscan doesn`t even start on mine and I was confused by Alex post , "I've got a Solo4K (with FBC tuners, of course) and B.S works under BH". His signature says he has " VU+Solo 4K * * * 5 tuners (2 DVB-S2, 2 DVB-T2, DVB-T2 USB)
VU+Duo2 * * * 5 tuners". So he only has standard DVB-s2 tuners.

meekey.

I only wrote DVB-S2 because it's the main type: there was a time when we had DVB-S and DVB-T; then came DVB-S2 and DVB-T2. I was not so obsessed with the subtype DVB-S2x that I couldn't help be precise about it.
Anyway, as I tried this function under BH just once and as now I have BH in OMB only and I don't use it, as soon as possible (if no recording timer is about to start) I'll reboot into BH and I'll do another try.
It's possible, why not, I'm a human being, that I don't remember what exactly was the result of my only try. I'm only sure that when I tried this function it started scanning but maybe I'm wrong about its ability to find channels.
After all, I tried it only once some months ago because this function is not a life-changing one to me.
More importantly, as this thread is about Ultimo4K, when my contact will be available, I'll check with him what really works in its decoder.

surely you can do some fine tuning for scanning by adjusting the scan range in Plugin Python

let's see if I can try afternoon

meekey

Vu+ Newbie
The Blindscan plugin opens in bh image but it does nothing. Hopefully in the near future vu+ will fix this problem.

meekey.

I think the problem is the FBC tuner, if you mount an AVL6222 tuner, it should work

ultimo4k scanning astra-hotbird

AlexWilMac

I need an apology: even if I thought I remembered well this only occasion of some months ago, I was totally wrong. I finally tried again today this function and it just seems to work, whilst it does not find any channels, as someone said.
I was so sure but, clearly, I must've done a partial search by B.S. and then, as I cannot have found what I was looking for, I used the manual scan.
This also tells how much I consider this function, which I've never used because I perform a complete scan just every now and then. After, I always add only some new channels I want with the manual, customised scan ;)
My apologies again for the wrong infos I gave.

essco4355

Vu+ Newbie
Blindscan is controlled by Vu+, so nothing we can do about it.

Zero4K does not use FBC tuners.
Yes and no.
Yes, we could wright to VU.
But, no, we could'n, because they dont't have an e-mail address or a contact form on their website vuplus.com.
I found Bug report on their site, but I cannot chose my receiver: Vu Duo4K.
I (and my relatives) have 3 Vu's (Duo4K, Solo2 and Solo SE). But the next receivers will not be VU. I must admit: my decision is influenced by the fact that I want to use a very well known image that Vu doesn't support.