Vu+ Ultimo Problem

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

I have had a little mis-fortune today with my Ultimo, after setting up a new hard drive the Chip Regulator located near the power supply has burnt and is now not working would anyone know where i could get a replacement.

The Regulotar that is burnt is labelled U805 which is the same size as the U806 but from what i can gather they are smaller than what are used on the Vu Duo so the regulators from the duo will not work.

Thank you

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Just a follow up on this can any Vu Ultimo User possibly take a close up picture of the U805 chip on the main board please, or better still could anyone take a photo of the numbers that are on the top of the chip itself which would help me identify it

many thanks

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Anybody help with this at all or do Vu expect everyone to throw away a perfectly good working machine for the sake of a chip that costs pennies

Mick12334

Can you take a close up picture, and upload it, so that an engineer, or expert, might identify the part?
Have you contacted VU+ to ask them for assistance?
Check if there are any local electronic repair shops, they usually just do TV's and DVD player/recorders, but should have circuit board testers and are more likely to be able to get the correct part, from the manufacturer.
I know when my LG DVD recorder failed I wasn't able to get the parts, from the manufacturer, but they were, as they had a contract with them.

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Can you take a close up picture, and upload it, so that an engineer, or expert, might identify the part?
Have you contacted VU+ to ask them for assistance?
Check if there are any local electronic repair shops, they usually just do TV's and DVD player/recorders, but should have circuit board testers and are more likely to be able to get the correct part, from the manufacturer.
I know when my LG DVD recorder failed I wasn't able to get the parts, from the manufacturer, but they were, as they had a contract with them.

Thanks for the reply the Ultimo is currently with a friend of mine who is an electronics engineer and repairs all Plasma/LED/LCD etc..

The reason i need the photo or part number from a working model is that the Chip has burnt out and cannot be identified so anyone with a working model could give me the Chip ID number and i may be able to source a replacement.

Once i know the chip numbers my friend can get the replacement chip and fix it, VU+ have not eplied to any emails i have sent them so i assume they dont want joe bloggs to fix it.

Regards

Mick12334

I have the VU+ Duo2, so I doubt I can help, unless the parts are the same. There are some photos, of VU+ motherboards, on the forum, somewhere, but again it could be other models.

Giampitt

Vu+ User
Hello, have you solved your problem?
If you still need, tell me, because tomorrow i'm at home where i have a vu+ ultimo, and so i can open it and tell you the exact model of the burnt IC
Let me know

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, have you solved your problem?
If you still need, tell me, because tomorrow i'm at home where i have a vu+ ultimo, and so i can open it and tell you the exact model of the burnt IC
Let me know

Hi Giampitt,

I am sorry i did not see your post earlier i know this is a few days ago but i have been unavailable, If you have a chance to take a close up photo of the IC that would be absolutely fantastic and a great Help to me

Thank you again for your kind offer.

Best Regards

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you Asu seeing as the Board in the Vu Uno is identical to the Ultimo i will go off that Ic Number

Much appericated

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Regulator
VU + Uno = Ic AOZ1021
VU + Duo = Ic AOZ1024

Nope those are not correct according to my Friend sorry about that.

So last try could someone please for the love of god just spend 5 minutes opening up the lid on there VU Ultimo and reading the chip number it would be very much appreciated.

Before this thing ends up getting Binned and that will be my last Vu product

Thanks

Mick12334

I seem to recall a thread, on the forum, where we list our VU+ product, supplier, and other details, parhaps you could check there, for any other VU+ Ultimo owners, and PM them asking for help.
Or try contacting your supplier, who no doubt has an account, at VU+, for help, and support, not only might he get the information, you require, but might also be able to get a the replacement part.

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mick12334,

Thanks for the Tip i have already tried Vu+ direct via Email a couple of times and have had no response, Also tried a couple of suppliers who could not get the part number either.

Thanks

Ev0

Admin
Yes there stamped into it, no other markings that I can see (although my iPhone isn't the best for close up shots).

digicon

Vu+ Newbie
Cheers Ev0

That is a Great help and very much appreciated i have passed the information on to my friend who is now on with sourcing a replacement

Again Thank you