VU+UNO 4K SE fbc Tuner with single cable +motorised dish

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
For VU+UNO 4K SE fbc tunner if I only have one cable from my dish motor comming into the house can i still use the virtual tuner to see one channel and record another or more?

I have a motorised setup so cant use unicable and cant have a second cable comming into the house.

Im on the understand that you can use one cable fro fbc tuner but will be limited to the number of channels ai Can record.
I will be happy iof I can watch one channel and record another at the minimum

AlexWilMac

As you said, usually Unicable/SCR LNB can't be used for motorised disk (I read of it but never tried myself).
But if it's true, you already answered yourself to your question: how can you use multiple transponders if you can't assign them to the several SCR user bands?
This is what FBC virtual tuners do.
NO SCR/Unicable, no usable virtual tuners.

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
As you said, usually Unicable/SCR LNB can't be used for motorised disk (I read of it but never tried myself).
But if it's true, you already answered yourself to your question: how can you use multiple transponders if you can't assign them to the several SCR user bands?
This is what FBC virtual tuners do.
NO SCR/Unicable, no usable virtual tuners.
So that means in my situtaion I will not benifit from FBC tuners if only having one cable comimg in from a motorised setup.

AlexWilMac

As I said (and as far as I know) your problem is not the single cable!
1) you haven't got a unicable/scr LNB: this is what you wrote (..."I have a motorised setup so cant use unicable..."). No SCR=virtual tuners can't be used.
2) if you buy a Unicable/SCR LNB you should not be able to use your motor, it seems (based on what I read around, maybe someone can confirm this?).

A FBC tuner, with all its virtual tuners, can only be used having a fixed disk and a SCR/Unicable LNB, that's, as the word "Unicable" says, needs just one cable.
Wasn't clear the previous post?

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
As I said (and as far as I know) your problem is not the single cable!
1) you haven't got a unicable/scr LNB: this is what you wrote (..."I have a motorised setup so cant use unicable..."). No SCR=virtual tuners can't be used.
2) if you buy a Unicable/SCR LNB you should not be able to use your motor, it seems (based on what I read around, maybe someone can confirm this?).

A FBC tuner, with all its virtual tuners, can only be used having a fixed disk and a SCR/Unicable LNB, that's, as the word "Unicable" says, needs just one cable.
Wasn't clear the previous post?

Thanks for the clarificaton, i was on the understanding that FBC tuners can be used without Unicable LNB.
Going buy what you are saying that means all the latest VU+ BOXES that have have fbc tunners cant be used on motorised setups and also without UNICABE LNB, so why do have disec and USALS?

AlexWilMac

????????
Why? is DiSEqC used only for motors??? Not at all: it is needed to manage more Universal LNBs and, also, motors by its protocol 1.2. But 1.0 and 1.1 are meant to do different tasks.
And, again, you need to look for a sure answer to the problem: is it possible to use a Unicable/SCR LNB mounted on a motorized dished?
I cannot answer you for sure: as already told, I read it somewhere but, as I don't have a motor, I didn't go deeper into the matter. You need to find this info in technical websites.

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
????????
Why? is DiSEqC used only for motors??? Not at all: it is needed to manage more Universal LNBs.
And, again, you need to look for a sure answer to the problem: is it possible to use a Unicable/SCR LNB mounted on a motorized dished?
I cannot answer you for sure: as already told, I read it somewhere but, as I don't have a motor, I didn't go deeper into the matter. You need to find this info in technical websites.

Thanks for the feedback, I will have to do some more reasearch before buying VU+BOX

AlexWilMac

Your problem are not VU+ boxes but, in case, LNBs, if it's really impossible to manage a motor if you mount only a FBC LNB.
Particularly if you cannot use a second cable. By a second cable (and a Unicable LNB equipped also by a universal output) is probably possible to drive the motor (using the universal output) and watch by the SCR LNB). But it'd be almost a nonsense: the second cable would be much more useful for a combined system (fixed dish+motorized dish) as I say below.
That said, of course, as it's a motor, it's a bit incoherent to use a motorised dished by many FBC tuners, forcing them to same satellite. Obviously, if you use your dish mainly pointed at a certain satellite and, only occasionally, you point at other satellites, it's different.
FBC tuners, used with Universal/SCR LNBs have the huge advantage of making possible multiple watching/recording/streaming to devices/PiP from the same satellite by only one cable.
But a motorized dish makes impossible, for instance while you are recording from a channel, to point the dish at another satellite, or your recording will be ruined.
The truth is that a motorized dish should be the complementary one and main one should be a fixed dish, if you really want to take advantage of the hugely comfortable unicable LNBs and FBC tuners.

el bandido

Vu+ User
Thanks for the clarificaton, i was on the understanding that FBC tuners can be used without Unicable LNB.
Going buy what you are saying that means all the latest VU+ BOXES that have have fbc tunners cant be used on motorised setups and also without UNICABE LNB, so why do have disec and USALS?

To be clear,
FBC tuners may be used on any lnb that is supported by the receiver. I have used both ku universal, and c band lnb types with fbc tuners. You will not get the features of the fbc using these lnb types, but they do work without any issues. FBC tuners seem to have less sensitivity as compared to non-fbc tuners. This is very noticeable on small, weak transponders.

Ku universal lnbs are controlled. by 22KHz tone, and not by diseqc commands.

Diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 are used to control diseqc type switches. These switches are available in many different configurations and are designed to allow a single tuner to control 2 or more lnbs. Some switches use diseqc 1.2 commands.

Diseqc 1.2 and USALS are mainly used for ku motor control.

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
My intension was to buy a VU+UNO 4K SE with S2 tunner version. Im now thinking that on the long run I may have to have a second cable.(more hole drilling through wall which i was trying to avoid)
I have a QUAD Lnb which I should have mentioed .
so one cable would go go from reciever tunner A to motor and the the other from lnb back to tunner B

Would that work?
Wouild that all me to watch one channel and recorded another or more on the same saterlite ?

el bandido

Vu+ User
In General, Two cables connected to the same lnb will allow you to watch any channel on a satellite while recording any channel on the same satellite.

One cable will allow you to watch a channel and record another channel, providing both channels are on the same transponder. Most receivers provide multi channel recording meaning you can record several channels at one time while watching a different channel. How many channels you can record at once depends on the capabilities of the receiver and the satellite antenna(s) hardware.

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
In General, Two cables connected to the same lnb will allow you to watch any channel on a satellite while recording any channel on the same satellite.

One cable will allow you to watch a channel and record another channel, providing both channels are on the same transponder. Most receivers provide multi channel recording meaning you can record several channels at one time while watching a different channel. How many channels you can record at once depends on the capabilities of the receiver and the satellite antenna(s) hardware.
So interms of VU+Uno 4K se what are the capabilities in what I want to do as a motorised setup when recording and watching on the same saterlite, how many channels can it record on the same saterlight if going for dual cabel setup?

AlexWilMac

OMG: it's not the VU+ what you should investiigate! It's the LNB!
If you a have a Universal LNB with single OUT, you can have multiple activities (watching, recording and so on) only from the same transponder)
If you have Universal LNB with double OUT, you need two tuners (and two cables) to do at least watching/recording... from different transponders.
If you've got Unicable/SCR LNB, you can take advantage of FBC tuners with a single cable (but not if you mount on a motorized dish) and you can have at least 16 recordings/watching/streaming/PiP at the same time.
Last time I repeat this.
You need to search technical specification of LNBs elsewhere: but all VU+boxes equipped with FBC tuners, have no real limitations.

el bandido

Vu+ User
In general, you could expect at least 8 recordings at the same time using the universal lnb, but the recordings will be limited to transponders. You may record from one transponder on each tuner that is available. So if you have a dual tuner receiver with dual cables from the lnb, then you can record channels from two different transponders, which equals one transponder per tuner.

The fbc system does not have these exact same limits for recording, but you need the correct parts to run fbc.

If you need more information on using the fbc system with a ku motor, then ask questions on the OpenVix forum. It is probably possible to run a ku motor in a fbc system as I see no reason why it would not work, but I do not have the proper lnb to test with.

You are at the point where your questions will be the same questions asked in a different way. Now it is time for you to buy a receiver. FTA receivers vary greatly in price, so get what you think works the best.