vu+ uno won't boot

Pirre

Vu+ Newbie
USB to RS232 adapters could have problems, also Win7. To be sure at 99,9% use real RS232 (built in, PCI or PCI-E card) and WinXP.
Yes! USB to Rs232 in my opinion only works 60% Thats why i bought a docking- station with RS 232 for my laptop !!!
In windows 7 you could always open programs in XP-mode! (rightclick on .exe file, properties/ compability and choose run this program with XP srvicepack 3!)

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Yes! USB to Rs232 in my opinion only works 60% Thats why i bought a docking- station with RS 232 for my laptop !!!
In windows 7 you could always open programs in XP-mode! (rightclick on .exe file, properties/ compability and choose run this program with XP srvicepack 3!)

But it's still compatibility.

rjhmk

Vu+ Newbie
My Uno Has same problem and stay in red light , any idea to program bootloder (cfe_uno_20110616_Ver1.03RC8.bin) to recovery my receiver?

Don Andres

BH Lover
There are 2 available ways :
With Flash memmory and BBS Tool ( directly connected to the pinheaders on board ) .
I guess you have come to the point where you can not use the first method .....

Attachments

• BBS Tool.jpg
    BBS Tool.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 419

Don Andres

BH Lover
On the above picture you see the orignal. I haven't seen it for sales online .
In the attached PDF file you will get an idea how a simular gear looks like and build it yourself .
Look on ebay for "Cypress board"

Attachments

• BBS Tool.pdf
    967.8 KB · Views: 437

vangeli

Vu+ Newbie
Photo0019.jpg
I have the same problem with vudu:confused:nly red led is open??!All voltages are OK:3v3,12v,34v ....ect.I changed the condenser 220uF with 470uF 24v(C807),but nothing.Do not work and neither comport and USB.Can't set any image!Can I do anything with JTAG?My problem came in this way: USB format made ​​to record and asked me to do vuduo restart.In this time, for few seconds drove home lights.And after this did not boot??!!?Help Please!

bouba148

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,
Just to let let you know that i also have the same pb, after flashing my uno with a ultimo image, now as you guys, my box only have the red light on when i switch it On.
No way to flash it via USB, i've also tryed the RS232 com port solution with a physical com port (PCMCIA) on my laptop under XP, with both Vu+ Util software, but the box doesn't respond: on one software it's stuck at 20% and ask me to Start or Restart the box.
I've ordered the BBS Tool this morning, so i have to wait to try the other solution......
So just to confirm: Is it the bootloader wich as crashed?

Muri

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,
Just to let let you know that i also have the same pb, after flashing my uno with a ultimo image, now as you guys, my box only have the red light on when i switch it On.
No way to flash it via USB, i've also tryed the RS232 com port solution with a physical com port (PCMCIA) on my laptop under XP, with both Vu+ Util software, but the box doesn't respond: on one software it's stuck at 20% and ask me to Start or Restart the box.
I've ordered the BBS Tool this morning, so i have to wait to try the other solution......
So just to confirm: Is it the bootloader wich as crashed?

Did you get your BBS Tool, did it work?

Arseniccu

Vu+ Newbie
Somebody have Broadcom Test Adapter driver (BcmUSB.zip)?

links in usb_dongle_install.pdf:
twiki-01.broadcom.com/pub/Tools/USBI2C/BcmUSB.zip
sp-bcg.broadcom.com/bse/software/tools/bbs/default.aspx
dont work

I have cy7c68013a-56pvxc board with "No EEPROM" - not programmed
Broadband Studio 3 dont detect it and on oscilloscope is nothing (SDA, SCL).

Cypress as USB \ VID_04B4&PID_8613

Thanks!

Attachments

• usb_dongle_install.pdf
    156.9 KB · Views: 467

Arseniccu

Vu+ Newbie
Found, Cypress SDK rewrites driver with own.

BcmUsb.inf
VID_04b4&PID_8613.DeviceDesc="Broadcom Test Adapter(Uninitialize)"
VID_0a5c&PID_b12c.DeviceDesc="Broadcom Test Adapter"

BcmUSB.sys it seem like cyusb.sys
BcmUsb.spt interesting script, its write vid pid (0a5c b12c addr=0600) in eeprom(RAM?), and other(!) code

exchange done with my stb (i have other bcm platform), but bbs may be disabled

what data captured:
Code:
Request (from PC)  - Response (from stb)
a4:01:05:00:10:80:11 - 00:01:00:00:00:00
a4:01:02:00:10:00:11 - 00:01:fd
a8:01:02:10:03:d8 - 00
a4:05:05:00:10:c0:80:82:84:02:11 - 00
a8:01:01:10:00 - 00
4byte - SlaveAdress of proccessor (a8:01:01:xx:00 - 02)

Who can capture usb data with valid exchange for example? (at least until the moment, when displayed "Connected")
desowin.org/usbpcap/
stb_connected.png

Attachments

• BcmUsb.zip
    607.1 KB · Views: 649

djor7

Vu+ Newbie
Hey mate I had the same issue, I used the info here and got my box back..
Let me know if you have any issues.
Good luck!

A warning is not allowed to put live links
on the CS site

admin MX

Last edited by a moderator:

Jane

Vu+ Newbie
Somebody have Broadcom Test Adapter driver (BcmUSB.zip)?

links in usb_dongle_install.pdf:
twiki-01.broadcom.com/pub/Tools/USBI2C/BcmUSB.zip
sp-bcg.broadcom.com/bse/software/tools/bbs/default.aspx
dont work

I have cy7c68013a-56pvxc board with "No EEPROM" - not programmed
Broadband Studio 3 dont detect it and on oscilloscope is nothing (SDA, SCL).

Cypress as USB \ VID_04B4&PID_8613

Thanks!
Hi,
can you please let me
Found, Cypress SDK rewrites driver with own.

BcmUsb.inf
VID_04b4&PID_8613.DeviceDesc="Broadcom Test Adapter(Uninitialize)"
VID_0a5c&PID_b12c.DeviceDesc="Broadcom Test Adapter"

BcmUSB.sys it seem like cyusb.sys
BcmUsb.spt interesting script, its write vid pid (0a5c b12c addr=0600) in eeprom(RAM?), and other(!) code

exchange done with my stb (i have other bcm platform), but bbs may be disabled

what data captured:
Code:
Request (from PC)  - Response (from stb)
a4:01:05:00:10:80:11 - 00:01:00:00:00:00
a4:01:02:00:10:00:11 - 00:01:fd
a8:01:02:10:03:d8 - 00
a4:05:05:00:10:c0:80:82:84:02:11 - 00
a8:01:01:10:00 - 00
4byte - SlaveAdress of proccessor (a8:01:01:xx:00 - 02)

Who can capture usb data with valid exchange for example? (at least until the moment, when displayed "Connected")
desowin.org/usbpcap/
View attachment 13268

Can you please let me know how you captured the data( communication between PC and STB?
Thanks

pudzy

Vu+ Newbie
sorry for hijacking this thread, but I felt my problem is the same as babis, I cant communicate with the box, it boots up and says blackhole image on tv screen. but that's it, I do think its bootloader problem, now I have have it working for over a year, no bother. but I was trying to upload app for iptv, after reboot never came back on... now I used vu util, with null modem cable but problem here is its, not picking up the ip of the box.. basically box is not registrating... need help