Vu+ Zero 4k Diseqc switch is not working

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
Hi all,

My receiver Vu+ Zero 4K, stopped tunning channels from satellites connected to port different than port 1.

For example, the Diseqc have this ports connections:
Port1 : Sat1
Port2 : Sat2
Port3 : Sat3
Port4 : Sat4

Configuration Advanced:
Sat1: 58W C-Band, Diseqc 1.0, Port1
Sat1: 70W Universal LNB, Diseqc 1.0, Port2
Sat1: 61W Universal LNB, Diseqc 1.0, Port3
Sat1: 81W Universal LNB, Diseqc 1.0, Port4

Previous channels that I used to see from 70, 61 and 81, now are not having signal.
If a blind scan is done on any of these 3 satellitels, the channels from Sat1(58w in port1) are scanned.
Even though a sat is configured to port2, 3 or 4, its signal is received if the cable is connected to port1, and port1 only.
PS: Vertical and Horizontal transpronders of the Sat1 are tunned correctly.

Is this issues a HW issue? Could be the tunner be broken?

I already try using other diseqcs, and flashing other images
Same configurations works on other receivers that I have.
Providing debug logs, I'm using OpenBlackHole

regards,
Johan

Attachments

• LOGSZero4k.rar
    133.3 KB · Views: 3

AlexWilMac

First of all, you installed 4.4.001 and you haven't updated it? Do it.
Second: it's not clear if you tried other switches connected to the same box or not. If you haven't, as it might be a switch failure (this is the first thing I'd think of, not surely the tuner! what has to do the tuner with commuting a switch???) I'd do this obvious try.
But, before all, update the image.

Johan Oviedo

Vu+ Newbie
@Alexwilmac I did update the receiver and repeat the testing.
The same problem is seem, even after updating.

I did used same diseqc + cables + configurations on a Vu+ Uno 4k SE, and it works there. My Vu+ Zero 4k is the only receiver failing to change the sats, on the diseqc ports.

The Vu+ Zero 4k, use to work in the same set up, but one day it stopped working, so i think that some issue is affecting the HW of the receiver.
I also try to test other Diseqcs, with the same box, but the issue is also reproduced.

Attachments

• grab.jpg
    grab.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 11

AlexWilMac

This was an important test to do. At this point, the only thing you can try is to try other images, starting from BH, which is based on vuplus code (not on the open project OE-A).
If also other images will fail with different switches, it'd really be a HW failure, I think.