Vu zero 4k not reformatting

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I have a little problem.

I Bought my second vuzero 4k yesterday, it arrived fine and it's a new unit.

I installed directly BH3.1.0, it booted, i configured everything and worked. fine.

Today i restarted the box and most of my channels in EPG had an N/A instead the right name.

I checked with fillezilla and most files have date from 1970 ¿?, it seems like a corrupted flash.

I'm trying to reflash the image (i tried 4 usbs sticks now), everything seems correct (the letters VU flash slowly, then they flash faster), BUT when i dettach the usb, switch off the box and switch it on againn... all the data is still there !, it's not formatting the flash ¿?¿?

Any idea? no Lan attached, anything but the USB with the image.

can i force via ssh / telnet anything? must i keep trying with more pendrives? (remember the first time everything worked)

thanks!

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
More simptoms, in can't change the ip !,, i change it at the GUI, but when i restart the box, the old one still there... i will try mote usbs first

Matrix10

Administrator
One thing is for sure
if there was no image change after flash then you did not create a new image flash.
The reason may be different.
Wrong flash method and files required for flash are not on the USB stick.
USB stick is not good
Hardware problem in the box itself.

So you have to strictly follow the flash procedure
USB stick PC format FAT32
Unzip and copy all folders and files from image zip.
Make sure all folders and files are on the USB stick
And finally a flash image
etc.

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
It changed from the stock image to the 3.1.0 one, I will continue tomorrow, today it's not possible.

I have ready 4 more pendrives in order to try to flash it again.

If I can't flash and delete everything, any idea to "do it" in order to change the device ?

I don't want to send it with my info inside .

But I will keep trying, I don't understand how it's possible that is not flashing anything, only the first time.

Let's see if 3.0.9 makes the magic.

Enviado desde mi MI 9 mediante Tapatalk

p.rodrigues

Vu+ User
Disconnect everything from the box, leave only the power supply as expected... I hope you are unzipping the correct image to the pen...

Try another image, OBH or, for starters, put the last factory image.

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
I will try, just keep in mind that I worked with a lot of vu receivers, I'm not a newbie.

I will try to install OBH in order to see if some different structure makes the receiver to accept the image

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the ideas, tomorrow I will try all of hem

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
yes, of course, my plan is:

1.- try 2 gbs usb + BH 3.09
2.- try 1 gbs microsd with a reader + 3.09
3.- try usb 4gd with OBH (just to see if it installs and then put again (or try to) BH

I want to finish with BH 3.1 inside the receiver xD

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
usb 128 gbs partitioned only to 1 gb, formatted with fat32 - BH3.1 - nothing.
usb 4 gbs fat32 - BH 3.0.9 - nothing
usb card reader with microsd 2 gbs - BH 3.0.9 - nothing

all of them seems to work vu letters at decoder are blinking like it suppoused to di, but no luck installing anything.

i can see in filezilla this:

upload_2021-1-10_12-45-15.png

i'm trying to install right now OBH, let's see what happens.

and smb.log in /tmp, this:
upload_2021-1-10_12-46-50.png

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
i checked another zero 4k, and it has 0 0 on propietary too... but with putty i can see root as propietary.

i deleted the root password, let's see if it works now

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
nothing.. tried to install the original image, nothing.

and... when i restarted the box, the root password reappered ! it seems like the flash is in read only mode ¿?

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
formatted the pendrives to FAT instead of FAT32... no luck... really i don't know what to do...

Can the flash be in read only mode ??

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
No ideas now.. can you please tell me where is a bootloader that i can flash ? i can't find one for vu zero 4k.

Matrix10

Administrator
In principle, it looks more and more like a hardware defect.
If you have a harrdware defect (it seems so)
then you can't fix it with software.
Namely, you claim that the first installation passed and worked and then suddenly not.
And flash with USB not working .

I installed directly BH3.1.0, it booted, i configured everything and worked. fine.

Today i restarted the box and most of my channels in EPG had an N/A instead the right name.

Last edited:

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
The weird thing is that first installation worked fine, and next day i saw at the channel EPG "N/A" instead of the channel name, and i found that i couldn't change the ip address of the box, i changed it at the gui, and saved it, but when i rebooted the box, the old ip was there.
I changed the password with passwd command, it seems it was changed, but when i rebooted the box, the old one was still there.

When i do the procedure of new image install, it seems everything fine, (usb working, vu letters blinking as they should, and when it finishes installation, vu letters blinking the way they should), but when i restart de box, anything changed.

While i'm trying to install this images, can i do something else?

1.- reinstall bootloader? i can't find it
2.- short something in the motherboard to "reset the flash memory" ?
3.- any image to be written by serial port? Jtag or... ?

Matrix10

Administrator
1.- reinstall bootloader? i can't find it
2.- short something in the motherboard to "reset the flash memory" ?
3.- any image to be written by serial port? Jtag or... ?

As far as I know, it can't.

In my opinion, all you can do is try to make a flash
or box HW repair.

calcu

Vu+ Newbie
i tried 3 images of your last link 2 oldest ones and the new one...

no luck.

i will try to delete from the box with putty / filezilla all i can and change it at the shop for another one.

Thanks for everything