Which one to be the new one?

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
Hallo,

I am an owner of a Vu+duo for many many years.Unfortunately there are always problems these days with it,i suppose its hard to work with the latest images, so i have to service to fix capacitors and more things from time to time.

I would like to have your opinion about what will be the next one to buy as i am very satisfied with what a Vu+ can offer.I am owner of a Sony 4k 55'' so i am very positive to buy a 4k reciever.I have a motored dish and stable dishes so dual tuner should be minimum.I make recordings sometimes too.

I read several conversations here and there,but i can understand exactly the diffirences of the tuners that are provided from ultimo 4k and duo 4k se.I suppose that Duo 4k se is the future as the latest model but i need some more advice about that.I recognize that it has latest bluetooth,less cardslots(never used them),smaller display but cpu is not as much as vu+duo 4k(4x2.1GHZ).Of course CPU type is different,i suppose latest model better CPU.

Money is something always you have to see,so is there any other model is more value for money?

Can you work both IPTV and an emulator with the same image without doing any changes each time?

I also would like to mention that i dont understand exactly the differences from tuner to tuner.
DVB-S2X(twin) DVB-C FBC DVB-S2(dual) DVB-T2(dual).
I suppose DVB-S2X is the latest and best tuner or am i wrong?

Just looking forward to your answers,thanks everyone for the good work in the site.

Well since you now use the old Vu+ Solo and it looks like that is satisfy your needs so any Modern Vu+ with Blakhole or OpenBlackhole will do just fine for you :)
Just so it's clear Emulator talk is not allowed to discuss her so that we have to leave out. But all Vu+ with above images works very well with IPTV.

Then the tuner question. DVB-C is for Cable DVB-T is for terrestrial broadcast so you want need probably :)

I would say that the best Vu+ for you is the Vu+Uno4Kse this stb have all your needs coverd. It has FBC Tuners so it can operate in standard mode like your old Solo
Or you can invest in a SatCR Unicable LNB. This would give you up to 4 virtual tuners to watch and record from with a single coax cable.

Internal 2.5" HDD can be attached easy or external USB 3.0 HDD
Nice big display and realy fast.
It has 1 cardreader slot and 1 Common Interface slot.

Uno and DUO 4K bot are very good stb but if you do not need several card readers and Common interfaces then the Uno4Kse is just as good fo less cost

Me personal prefer Blackhole image since i am an old dog ;)

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
Well since you now use the old Vu+ Solo and it looks like that is satisfy your needs so any Modern Vu+ with Blakhole or OpenBlackhole will do just fine for you :)
Just so it's clear Emulator talk is not allowed to discuss her so that we have to leave out. But all Vu+ with above images works very well with IPTV.

Then the tuner question. DVB-C is for Cable DVB-T is for terrestrial broadcast so you want need probably :)

I would say that the best Vu+ for you is the Vu+Uno4Kse this stb have all your needs coverd. It has FBC Tuners so it can operate in standard mode like your old Solo
Or you can invest in a SatCR Unicable LNB. This would give you up to 4 virtual tuners to watch and record from with a single coax cable.

Internal 2.5" HDD can be attached easy or external USB 3.0 HDD
Nice big display and realy fast.
It has 1 cardreader slot and 1 Common Interface slot.

Uno and DUO 4K bot are very good stb but if you do not need several card readers and Common interfaces then the Uno4Kse is just as good fo less cost

Me personal prefer Blackhole image since i am an old dog ;)

Hello and thank you for your answer!

I am using a Vu+duo(not a solo) and yes i am fan of Blackhole.

What's an FBC tuner?Is DVB-S2X tuner an advanced update of DVB-S2?
Do you have more abilities with DVB-S2X or is it a completely another system?
If Duo 4k se if the option you can put extra tuners;a second twin DVB-S2X or something else,but what can you achieve by that?Is the Ultimo 4k a better option?

What is the advantages or disadvantages from other images like openPLi or VTi?

How do you know if the STB is a clone?

Thanks in advance

@Ev0 have done some amazing reviews of the 4K Vu+ where you can finds all the information and read up on what they offer and what suits your use.

In every section you find the thread "Tested for your by Ev0" check them out :)
https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-4k-receiver-black-hole-images.133/

Then you are asking about openPli and VTI, Well that is not for us to answer but i personal think both those images are to complicated.
And here again you have the option to try OpenBlackhole image. I would say that OBH out performe both the above named images.
And of cause you get the familiar Blackhole user interface and all of @Matrix10 amazing orginal skins.

About Clones... I have yet to see a 4K Clone but you never know.
Buy your Vu+ from a know retailer and you are safe.