Which VU+ reciver has 64bit linux OS

AlexWilMac

You are mixing HW with SW: VU+ is HW. You need to ask if the operative systems, the so called "images" Enigma2, are 32bit or 64bit, in case ;)

el bandido

Vu+ User
I dunno of any Vu+ receiver that is 64 bit capable.

VU+ is HW.
Enigma2 is SW.

The HW has to be 64 bit capable if 64 bit SW is used on it.

Same with Windows Operating System.
There are 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Windows. You do not want to install a 64 bit version of Windows onto a 32 bit machine. But technically you may install a 32 bit SW onto a 64 bit HW.

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
I do not own a VU box, however I thought al vu boxes run linux operating system hense why i asked.
The images cant be an operating system but more a customised build/skin just like kodi build

AlexWilMac

The images cant be an operating system but more a customised build/skin just like kodi build
No, "images" are operating systems, not just blankets or covers: skins are skins, otherwise there would be no reasons to name them like that.
Obviously, these Enigma2 OSs are based on a linux core.

AlexWilMac

Only the Duo4K is/was 64bit compatible, but it's out of production.
This is really interesting. So, that's a difference between the Duo4K and the Duo4KSE? I remembered they had the same CPU only the SE a little bit limited in clock.

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
Confusing and miss leading is the spec data sheet of the new VU+ DUO 4K SE it says 1,500 MHz ARM QuadCore Processor (64Bit)?

AlexWilMac

Well, if only VU+ had a website... we shouldn't grasp at straws to go deep into their products.
Because that one... no, I can't name it a website. As of today, there isn't yet the Duo4KSE among their products! I find it unspeakable the slowness, the complete disregard of customers they show.
Because it's the whole website the opposite of what Internet means: real time updates and news about their products, a support team, everything we are accustomed to in every other product we own.
Luckily we can rely upon this community and their admins and coders. Otherwise I would already thrown my first VU+ off the window.
Instead, as they are great products, I've got three of them.

ALIEN1X

Vu+ Newbie
I have also noticed that VU has no proper website wit tech support for accuate info, all I can see is a sales website.
Saying that, I can not see one for Dreambox iether? Also I can see is a website that seams to be from China?
Its good that there are dedicated forums setup