"WHO" is and where BH firmware?

fw_crocodile

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everybody,

I'm interested on putting BH image on my VU+ Solo, but I don't like too much to simply download a firmware from a forum, putting it on a device connected to my home network without knowing something more about that firmware and who created it.

May be I don't have searched enough but I hardly found any direct information about who is working on BH image, If there is any repository where I can see the code and everything related etc...

Did you have any indication to show me the right place where to find specific info about it?

Thank's a lot
Anselmo

Logan

Vip
Hello everybody,

I'm interested on putting BH image on my VU+ Solo, but I don't like too much to simply download a firmware from a forum, putting it on a device connected to my home network without knowing something more about that firmware and who created it.
Anselmo

Bh is only hobbyst software whitout any kind of warranty.
If you have these doubt or questions i think that a good place for you is OpenPli project.
You can find it in google and you can find their sources available on SourceForge.

Regards.

fw_crocodile

Vu+ Newbie
Bh is only hobbyst software whitout any kind of warranty.
If you have these doubt or questions i think that a good place for you is OpenPli project.
You can find it in google and you can find their sources available on SourceForge.

Regards.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will give a look at OpenPli.

About my question, it is absolutely not a hobbyst or warranty problem. I like hobbyst project and I'm the kind of person that put hobbyst firmware in every object I can even if the only recovery option is a JTag interface. And for the hobbyst part, my impression is that BH is already on the "advanced" part of it. And i didn't worry about warranty.

My question is about a transparent knowing of who is working on the firmware, and if possible (it's not an absolute needing) having the possibility to look at the content before i put it on my device.

If it's an original firmware, I put my trust on the manufacturer in this case VU+. If it's an hobbyst firmware I like to have an idea of who is the man with a lot of spare time. The energy to mantain a forum, work on the firmware, answer question etc..

Mito

Administrator
I can confirm it's an hobbyst software

If you like BH images, you can use it and enjoy your Vu+.
If you don't like it, you are free to use other images.

However, you have to respect the right to privacy of the BH developer team.

fw_crocodile

Vu+ Newbie
Absolutely, it was not my intention to give advice, to impose point of vue or to give any judgement, I've just asked about. To know what I could have started to use on my device.

May be my question was to direct or there are some delicate argument I don't know, but there are no hided meaning in my words.

In any case I did not get any answer that wasn't "Look in another place", "That's not for you", "Too many doubt". Like I've offended you or made accusation.
It was sufficient to say that there is no "front page" about the firmware except the forum and that the development of the BH team was restricted to the group. That would have closed the question. Leaving only to me the choice to use it or not. I perfectly know I'm free to use it or NOT.

Bye
Anselmo

Logan

Vip
In any case I did not get any answer that wasn't "Look in another place", "That's not for you", "Too many doubt". Like I've offended you or made accusation.
Anselmo

It seems to me that nobody have made accusation.
Your question is legitimate and i have replyed in correct way pointing you in a place where you can find all the sources of the firmware you can choose to use or not.
Not all the teams have the same time and organization. Bh team is working now to setup a dedicated wiki and have started with OpenPli, Sif and Vti a project for Open Source Gpl plugins that you can find here
https://github.com/organizations/E2OpenPlugins
So all the work in new plugins is available with full sources.
About the firmware core Bh images are based on official Vu+ git, OpenPli are based on its own git common to Vu+, Etxx, and Dmm boxes and the same for Sif team.
The official Vu+ git is at their own server, the Openpli and Sif git are both @ SourceForge and their sources are full with all the addictions they have made respect the original git (Dmm derivated i think). For this reason if you need to know all the sources of the image you want to use i have pointed you in that direction.
Regards.