Wifi on vu+ duo?

heljik

Vu+ Newbie
I have the vu+ duo downstairs and my wifi router upstairs. LAN/cable is out of question (yet) and I would like to connect to the internet with a wifi adapter in a usb port on the back of the vu+.

I have installed BH 1.4.3-b yesterday and have tried to plug in my wireless adapter Netgear wireless WNDA3100v2. Nothing happened. No auto setup, and I was unable to find any help or options in the menu, where I could set up the adapter.

I guess I need to tell the box about the adapter. Any advice? Do I need a pc with LAN and wifi on the pc?

wolverine

Vu+ Newbie
hello
I had the same problem and I tried 3 usb at my disposal
all work.
the steps are few and simple enough to go to Configuration-> System-> Network
Here you should see the details of your wifi usb connection and the data set
once loaded ask if you disable the other card that enabled by default
ethernet.
sorry for bad english
greetings

heljik

Vu+ Newbie
Nope. I do the following:
1. turn off power (pull the plug)
2. connect the adapter in front USB port
3. turn back on the power.
4. Remote control: Menu - main menu - setup - system - network:

I get this screen:
network :LAN connection.
adapter settings
nameserver....

Opening all options, I do not find anything about my WLAN adapter in the USB port. Could it be that this specific adapter doesn't have any setup files onboard? On the pc I had to run setup from CD first, before connecting adapter.

(what bad english? :)

wolverine

Vu+ Newbie
it strikes me as strange
I just put them inside when I
the evidence then I went to set the network interface
alone and asked me if I turn on the wlan interface
and off the LAN.
perhaps as you say your USB is not supported
could you post the result of "dmesg" at least the coder
say something concrete.
p.s. I wanted to first say that my English is bad because of Goolge
greetings

bigroma

Vu+ Newbie
You need know PID & VID of your stick.
You can see IDs in Device Manager in Windows fo example, but i prefer
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
directly in tuner telnet session.
Look for VendorID & ProductID.

It works great on dream and I think must work on VU+.

Post your IDs in this forum and if it posible I try compile driver for your stick

Sorry for my bad English

heljik

Vu+ Newbie
no need to compile a driver for me yet, but thanks really:)
PID / VID, I need to guess what you are looking for: In win7 device manager I open the adapter and go to properties - hardware - properties again and finally a drop down menu with tons of details: device descriptions:

hardware ids:
USB\VID_0846&PID_9011&REV_0001
USB\VID_0846&PID_9011

compatible ids:
1. USB\Class_FF&SubClass_02&Prot_FF
2. USB\Class_FF&SubClass_02
3. USB\Class_FF

Looking at the setup CD I notice the adapter only comes with Vista and XP drivers. My guess is, I have located the bandit there. Therefore: could wolverine tell me the different adapters he used? Or simply post a link to a decent iternet shop where I could buy a similar adapter?
It must be plug and play or very easy to install. Oh, important: wireless - N. I intend to keep every network unit in the house on this standard.

bigroma

Vu+ Newbie
It's string with IDs "USB\VID_0846&PID_9011&REV_0001"
It's broadcom chip, very good hardware but now no way for use it with e2 :(

Wireless - N sticks based on rt2870/rt3070 work only with few modification, other N stick don't work with e2(as i know), i try compile driver for VU+ for few days, but I cant test it. May be same guys from russian forum help me for test. I write about it later.

Sorry for my bad English

heljik

Vu+ Newbie
homeplugs: I don't know. Several electricians I know, advice against it when they hear about my big house...
1. they cost more,
2. I need available plugs in both ends
3. the signal must travel a long way through my old electric system, that means loss of signals.

Logan

Vip
I have the vu+ duo downstairs and my wifi router upstairs. LAN/cable is out of question (yet) and I would like to connect to the internet with a wifi adapter in a usb port on the back of the vu+.

I have installed BH 1.4.3-b yesterday and have tried to plug in my wireless adapter Netgear wireless WNDA3100v2. Nothing happened. No auto setup, and I was unable to find any help or options in the menu, where I could set up the adapter.

I guess I need to tell the box about the adapter. Any advice? Do I need a pc with LAN and wifi on the pc?

You have simply to buy an adapter with rt73 chip that is currently supported in Vu+

bigroma

Vu+ Newbie
rt2870 for VU+Duo

1) Install driver
2) Install patch
3) reboot
4) Run in telnet
ifconfig wlan0 up

5) Setting up via GUI by remote.

Test with WPA/WPA2, didn't test with WEP and with hidden SSID
Also now driver have low bitrate with 5GHz connections.

Please test and report.

List of IDs also in attach.

Sorry for my bad English.

Attachments

• enigma2-wireless-patch_0.1_bm750.ipk.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 223
  • rt2870_2.4.0.1-_bm750.ipk.zip
    277.6 KB · Views: 188
  • rt2870-2.4.0.1-mod-bigroma-dev-id.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 139