0 services found - vu duo 2

Paul81

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys.
Just joined this group after purchasing the vu duo 2 box.
I can't find any services after scanning. I have a fixed satellite dish installed by sly and I have one feed connected into tuner A.
Please help...

Mick12334

You have to set the tuner up.
Go into the menu, Setup, Service Searching, Tuner Config, and select Tuner A.
Set this up to Simple, Astra 2, 28.2E and save.
Then exit, go to Service Searching, Manual Scan, and try scanning in a frequency from the link below:
Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

Mick12334

You have a very good receiver which you aren't currently making the most of.
The reason it has two tuners is so that you can record one channel, and view all the rest, or even record two channels, you can also add tuners, to get upto 4 satellite tuners, each capable of acting independently, or a terrestrial/cable tuner.
You might want to consider uypgrading your system, at leat running another cable, to your Duo 2, or add more dishes, to receive other satellites, like Astra 1, 19.2E.
The Duo 2 also acts as a very competent IPTV receiver, providing you have reasonable broadband speeds, from the simple IPTV Player, which can be downloaded via the menu, and plugins, to Kodi 17.3 Krypton, which is available in the latest Open Blackhole image.

Paul81

Vu+ Newbie
I'm completely new to all this and i'm finding it hard to understand. Busy trying to mount an external hard drive at the moment.
I've heard a lot about blackhole, how do I get it?