2nd Solo 4k not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bny

Vu+ Newbie
Hello everyone,

was hoping you could help me with this...

I have 2 vu+ solo 4k boxes... allways worked fine. One day there was a strong wind and it put my dish out of alignment... I realigned it... the box downstairs worked fine again... the one upstairs had no signal.
Tried a bunch of things.. nothing worked, finally flashed the image (VTI) and it worked again... for about 2 days.
Then suddenly it had no signal again... I searched along the internet.. one suggestion was to flash to Openvix.. but also no signal (tried to flash openvix and vti a bunch of times).
Network is fine, I can log into the box without a problem. But it's not finding anything when I scan sats.
I'm on astra 19.2 and 23.5. Tuner is configured same as downstairs (also tried to switch A and B port once, but no effect)
Anyone had this problem before... any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Wesley

Seth_72

Vu+ User
Hello everyone,

was hoping you could help me with this...

I have 2 vu+ solo 4k boxes... allways worked fine. One day there was a strong wind and it put my dish out of alignment... I realigned it... the box downstairs worked fine again... the one upstairs had no signal.
Tried a bunch of things.. nothing worked, finally flashed the image (VTI) and it worked again... for about 2 days.
Then suddenly it had no signal again... I searched along the internet.. one suggestion was to flash to Openvix.. but also no signal (tried to flash openvix and vti a bunch of times).
Network is fine, I can log into the box without a problem. But it's not finding anything when I scan sats.
I'm on astra 19.2 and 23.5. Tuner is configured same as downstairs (also tried to switch A and B port once, but no effect)
Anyone had this problem before... any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Wesley
This is the home of Black hole , not openvix or vti so go to their forum and ask

AlexWilMac

Said that you've got a good chance to try OpenBlackhole or BH, I'd try to swap the two boxes but I think is highly unlikely there's a problem with it (unless the storm brought also a blackout or a situation of overcharge of power, which might have damaged your box).
I'm almost sure there is a problem somewhere either in the cable and their connectors, particularly on the side of the dish.
Or, instead, despite of the attempt of repositioning of your dish, you did something wrong and it was not perfectly done and that's why, depending on the weather conditions, you have or loose the signal. All this reflashing does not make sense, in my view.
So, swapping the two decoders, you'll have the final answer (that it's not the decoder the problem).

bny

Vu+ Newbie
Good call... I switched the boxes around. The box that was downstairs before also works upstairs... so it's not the cable or the LNB.
Now the box downstairs is finding stuff again, so that's an improvement. I use a ***** file, which i "transfer" to an *****.server file with ******* concierge... uploaded it to the black hole flashed box... but I keep getting a black screen (but it is showing program information and such).
With VTI or openvix you can install different versions of *******... i'm trying to find something like this in the black hole settings but i'm not finding it... I think when i get this to go, the box will work.
Thanks for your help!

AlexWilMac

Your last message contained a lot of not allowed words and so they had been amended. So, read "again" tge forum rules and then post again without illegal stuff, in case ;)

Matrix10

Administrator
Good call... I switched the boxes around. The box that was downstairs before also works upstairs... so it's not the cable or the LNB.
Now the box downstairs is finding stuff again, so that's an improvement. I use a ***** file, which i "transfer" to an *****.server file with ******* concierge... uploaded it to the black hole flashed box... but I keep getting a black screen (but it is showing program information and such).
With VTI or openvix you can install different versions of *******... i'm trying to find something like this in the black hole settings but i'm not finding it... I think when i get this to go, the box will work.
Thanks for your help!

Ban 7 days to read forum Rules , which you accepted by joining the forum.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

The topic is closed because it violates the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.