7 day epg for BH - is OpenTV what I think it is

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
I have read the EPG threads and think I want OpenTV but not 100% sure, also what settings if any should I use ?
I have just installed BH2.1.1 and all ok but when selecting EPG the many options confused me. Reading here I would like to get the EPG from satellite rather than the internet as I am not always connected to it.

So, I opt for OpenTV in the BH EPG section but what do I need to do to get a 7 day EPG and to get regular updates ? I assume if I set up the EPG then look at my favourites it will also show the 7 days of programs there for the channels I have selected ?

So far so good on installation but this has stopped me in my tracks as without the 7 day EPG I can't start figuring out how to record stuff. A simple 1-2-3 of what to do would be appreciated.

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
Well I did manage to select opentv and download the information (so it said) hundreds of bits of info so I expected it to work.
I did manage to get it to show me a list of programs for the day for some channels, totally random it seems to me.

Having downloaded all info I can how do I look at it ? I want to see the future listings for each channel. Anybody have an idea how to do this ?
I know I am missing something here but don't know what it is.

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
Morning mate!I take it you have fixed dish and you want to setup 28 East on EPG?Right,to start with go to Main menu/EPG panel/Global settings/Enable Opentv Epgloader and save.Go back a page and select S**-Uk/settings and enable auto refresh and select a time to refresh everyday.Mine is set for 5 am.Save.Now yellow button to download EPG and it should fill up the channel info.Now to see now and next press up on the remote and you'll see the channels with info next to them.At the bottom you'll see a guide.1,2,3,4.Number 3 giving you a multi EPG so you can scroll to whatever time/date for next seven days.Or you can just press the EPG button on your remote and it will give you info of selected channel and a coloured button guide on the bottom,blue for multi EPG.I use Coolmans Cool guide and it's a bit different and I also use cross EPG on a motorised dish but I've just tried above instructions and they work.There is also a Fast Opentv EPG plugin on the BH green panel which may help but I've never used it.Anything else just ask.Good luck!!

chaerntejohn

Vu+ Newbie
I thought I had done that but probably did something similar, sigh, but I did as you said and it worked. Many thanks.
I can no confuse myself some more using other fearures :)