A couple of questions from a newbie

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Hi everyone, just moved to BH and I have a few random questions, I'd appreciate if anyone can enlighten me about these.

1. Is there a way to be notified when an update is available?
2. How can we get rid of unnecessary channel numbers in channel list screen?
3. Isn't it possible to define a channel "as default opening channel" in BH?
4. Wouldn't it be very useful if a preference like "No timeout for user activated infobar" could be added to expert setup?

These are the early questions on first impression, surely there will be more in the course of time. :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

AlexWilMac

Hi everyone, just moved to BH and I have a few random questions, I'd appreciate if anyone can enlighten me about these.

1. Is there a way to be notified when an update is available?
2. How can we get rid of unnecessary channel numbers in channel list screen?
3. Isn't it possible to define a channel "as default opening channel" in BH?
4. Wouldn't it be very useful if a preference like "No timeout for user activated infobar" could be added to expert setup?

These are the early questions on first impression, surely there will be more in the course of time. :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. One of the led in the infobar (it varies upon the skin used, so I can't tell you which one and which colour) switches on if an update if available.

2. This is not clear: in enigma2 images you don't need to add all your channels to a bouquet: only the ones added to a bouquet are numbered and the first numbers go to the first bouquet's channels in your list. This also means that, if you move a bouquet to the top of the bouquet list, its channels will start from 1,2,....
All the other ones are always accessible opening the list and then choosing SAT-DVB-T (by green button).

3 Yes: in BH you need a plugin named "startupservice". In OBH you don't need anything: go to your list and press menu after having selected the channel you want as startup service: you'll see the option.

4. Not in BH; only in OBH it's possible to set the 2nd Infobar to no timeout. This is something I've asked many times and long time ago. It seems not possible in BH.

AlexWilMac

I think so, although I myself would like to get back to BH because first love is never forgot ;) But it needs to get more practical.

Matrix10

Administrator
4. Not in BH; only in OBH it's possible to set the 2nd Infobar to no timeout. This is something I've asked many times and long time ago. It seems not possible in BH.

Not so

In BH it is possible to set 2nd Infobar to no timeout.
The difference lies in the fact that no timeout is valid for both OSD/infobars not only for 2nd Infobar.
So you have to use OK button to go from lite infobar to 2nd Infobar.

But for those who use only 2nd Infobar there is another possibility to disable Lite Infobar.

Settings in

blue>>Blue>>Osd Settings>>Setup

Matrix10

Administrator
About

1. One of the led in the infobar (it varies upon the skin used, so I can't tell you which one and which colour) switches on if an update if available.

It's just in OBH image.This support exists in all newer skins.
Unfortunately not in BH.Maybe the idea for BH.

AlexWilMac

Not so

The difference lies in the fact that no timeout is valid for both OSD/infobars not only for 2nd Infobar.

But for those who use only 2nd Infobar there is another possibility to disable Lite Infobar.

Settings in

blue>>Blue>>Osd Settings>>Setup

Yes, I was too quick at that but, as I think and I've always thought, this way it'd be too uncomfy and different from every decoder I've ever used (also the simple DVB-T, for instance). Usually, what you get with OK button (alway in the centre of every remotes and always the biggest one) disappears after a user-defined time. With "no timeout" option", each time you zap you are obliged to manually make it disappear...
In OBH I have almost what I like because I set the first infobar with a X seconds timeout but the 2nd with "no timeout"; this way it's up to me to decide to leave it shown or not (only the 2nd, obviously) and for me this is 95% of perfection. :)

Gold_66

Vu+ User

Thanks for extra info. I already disabled Lite Infobar, but still it's either always on, or always off with timeout.
I'd like it to go away with timeout while zapping; but when I open it with ok button, it should stay on until I close it. This is what I want, and I don't think a solution exists for this with current settings.

AlexWilMac

Thanks for extra info. I already disabled Lite Infobar, but still it's either always on, or always off with timeout.
I'd like it to go away with timeout while zapping; but when I open it with ok button, it should stay on until I close it. This is what I want, and I don't think a solution exists for this with current settings.

Yes, and this is what I claim does normally the OK button in every decoder, software or the like but BH ;) Pressing OK should not lead to a timed disappearance of the infobar like in zapping.
So, this is another reason to give OBH a try ;)

Matrix10

Administrator
Now I understand your ideas about infobar

Maybe that's possible.
But we need to ask BH coder.

I think there is, however, a difference from the receivers you write about
is that they do not have an extra 2nd infobar ??