A suggestion for BH team or code creators

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I have posted a post to ask assistance to stop receiver looking for network ( name server). I have received a few suggestions reagrding the this issue, but all of the suggestions seems not work. Therefore, I rise a new article to ask the BH team's help and I wish the adiministrators do not account this is a cross post.

BH team and/or code creators,

My DUO2 runs BH 2.0.6 and most funtion of BH are prefect and powerful. Thanks for your excellent works. However, there are some issues. It would be very appreciated if you could look at these issues.

1. The receiver generates an error message (socket error, connot resolve name server) if the internet connection is not avialable. Disable the network connection from network setting DOES NOT resolve this issue.

Suggestion:
Create some kind switch on menu or RCU which can simplely switch on/off the network in order to the receiver can function properly without internet connection. It means disable the receiver's dependen on network.

2. It is also noticed that the system sometimes is frozen when watch a streem, particularly when the server is busy . I guess that it also relate to the network . No one can gurrantee the network is always in perfect condition. Therefore, there should have some kind of routin to handle such situations. When the server is bad, give the user a chance to switch to other things or stop watching the stream. At least, should have a key or button procedure to escape from the frozen screen (Currently, I have to switch off from the rear power switch, because no any method works. )

Suggestion:
Create some kind routin to handle such in-prefect network condition. Creat a key procedure to let user get out from a frozen screen.

3. It is also noticed that when using timer, after recording, there are a few message left on the screen when switch on the receiver next time.

Suggestion:
Create some kind auto-message handling procedure. When receiver cannot receive user's respounds in a certain time or condition, the system should have a rule to handle such situation. For example, if the receiver cannot find network neither get user's respound, the receiver stop display message and disable network function and clean-up the screan. When using timer, the receiver should stop all of user-repounded (dependence) functions and do it should to do. Obviously, when using timer, the users in most cases are not able to take any screen action to repound the receiver's request.

I have to say the BH is an excellent iamge. Many function may have not been found (by myslef). Because I love it and wish it more prefect.

Thank for your attention

Last edited:

boyofford

Vu+ User
On point 1) I've never seen that problem?
And my box is not always connected to network as I sometimes use network cable in something else and forget to put back.
My box has static ip address so doesn't need to get ip from router, perhaps that's why never seen your problem? Or am I not understanding you?

That said even if you don't have internet connection you should still get ip from router anyhow.

As for streams sticking, I've seen that in plugins, even had green screens but always put that down to imperfect plugin code rather than image, and don't often use streams anyhow.

In short ...confused:oops:

Edit: just realised you've got duo2, I've got solo2, maybe that's why not seen this problem.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Point 1) and 2): BH and Vu+ can do nothing. Third party plugins problems have to be solved by their author.

Point 3): post a screenshot with messages to understand better, what are you writting about.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
First I would like thank boyofford and paolino for replying my questions which have been posted for a while. I would like to make the points more clear.

1. The DUO2 always looks for a network connection even I disable the network from the network configure. It means if I did NOT switch on the routor ( Duo2 network configure sets to use static ip), the receiver keeps to generate error message . This may be some differences from boyofford's testing, A. I switched the routor OFF when I do the testing and B, we use different receiver. Just maybe, because the differences, we have different results.

2. Regarding the network issue, I do not know which part controls this. Before I read paolino's above reply, I thought network is a basic function and which should be controled by the BH image or driver. If it is a third party plugin to manage the network connection, BH may loos control to the network. It can be a more big problem because many other applications will use the network connection. If the network-plugin has issues, all of network related application will malfunction. I think the BH should take control to the network connection.

3. The streem playing issues are certainly third party plugin issue. However, when the screen frozen, whether the BH can set a procedure to reboot or restart enigma2 to take control the receiver? Can we have some things like microsoft windows, when some application or system software stop respound, we can use the Ctrl+Del+Alt reboot or stop the no-respound application.

4. Regarding paolino's point3, it is my first question related. When I do the testing, Conditions, A. I use (set) timer, B. the routor was OFF. Results: DUO2 generate error meassage ( because duo2 cannot find network). When I switch on TV, a few error messages on the screen, it looks not tidy.

I hope the issues and testing results are more clear. If there is anything unclear, please let me know.