advise installing bh 1.7.2

hs5424

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,
My first post.
I need advise on how to install the latest bh 1.7.2 image on my VU+ duo. Have experience with dream box, technomate and opticum but never played around with the VU+. Also will installing the new image have any affect on recordings currently on the HD.
Thanks in advance.
HS5424

Mito

Administrator
Welcome to Vuplus Community

This is the way to install the Black Hole 1.7.2 image:
  1. Unzip the file named BlackHole-1.7.2-bm750_usb.zip and copy the folder "vuplus" into an usb stick FAT 32 formatted;
  2. Connect the usb stick to the DUO (it have to be power off by the switch on the rear);
  3. Power on the DUO by the switch and follow the instruction you will see on display;
  4. After upgraded the boot loader remove the usb stick and reboot the DUO.
Don't worry about your recordings, the installation of a new image has not effect on them.​
PS: Maybe you will need to update the Boot Loader before to install the BH 1.7.2 image;​

hs5424

Vu+ Newbie
Welcome to Vuplus Community

This is the way to install the Black Hole 1.7.2 image:
  1. Unzip the file named BlackHole-1.7.2-bm750_usb.zip and copy the folder "vuplus" into an usb stick FAT 32 formatted;
  2. Connect the usb stick to the DUO (it have to be power off by the switch on the rear);
  3. Power on the DUO by the switch and follow the instruction you will see on display;
  4. After upgraded the boot loader remove the usb stick and reboot the DUO.
Don't worry about your recordings, the installation of a new image has not effect on them.​
PS: Maybe you will need to update the Boot Loader before to install the BH 1.7.2 image;​
Thanks a lot Mito. That worked after I installed the boot loader. I now need to re-install ***** 213. Have tried FTP it to the box but with no success. I dont't know what way to do this.

hs5424

hs5424

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a lot Mito. That worked after I installed the boot loader. I now need to re-install ***** 213. Have tried FTP it to the box but with no success. I dont't know what way to do this.

hs5424
Hi Mito,
Sorry I forgot about forum rules re cams etc. However I got it sorted OK. It was staring me in the face. Trying to sort out problems late at night is a bad idea. The bh 1.7.2 appears to be working ok. I like the 'magnifier' facility which allows me to increase the font size. Eyesight not as good it used to be. Too many years bench servicing.
hs5424